• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bolstering Hartford will be 'a major priority' for Rangers this summer

Phil

3. Gorton last week told The Post the Rangers would wait until the hiring of a president to succeed Glen Sather to begin their search for a head coach and staff for the AHL Wolf Pack following the dismissal of Keith McCambridge and his assistants. Bolstering the operation in Hartford, where the club has missed the playoffs the last four seasons, will be a major priority for the organization.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/john-davidson-is-a-rangers-lock-so-let-the-artemi-panarin-frenzy-begin/

Oh, you need a good farm system in order to grow your players?

Got it. I don't follow Hartford that much, but reading that they've missed the playoffs four years in a row - yikes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised knowing some of the names that play there.

;968076]Oh, you need a good farm system in order to grow your players?

Got it. I don't follow Hartford that much, but reading that they've missed the playoffs four years in a row - yikes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised knowing some of the names that play there.

There?s been no prospects in Hartford for like 5 years lol.. can?t win if you don?t have quality players in your system. That will come soon with all of these 2nd and 3rd rounders

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There’s been no prospects in Hartford for like 5 years lol.. can’t win if you don’t have quality players in your system. That will come soon with all of these 2nd and 3rd rounders

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The last 2 seasons have had guys like Chytil, Andersson, Nieves, Gettinger, Fontaine, Ronning, Crawley, Day, Huska, Halverson, Graves, DeAngelo, Smith, Zborovsky, Fogarty, Gropp,

Non-Rangers draft picks like Lindgren, Hajek, Berezgalov, Sproul, Pionk, Catenacci, Schneider, Holland, Tambellini, Puempel

That's a lot of early round draft picks

Not to mention guys like Niklas Jensen, Malte Stromwall, Calle Andersson, Kovacs, Lindqvist failing to stick around.

It's not lack of players.

I think the sign of a great AHL operation isn’t necessarily just getting results and preparing high end talent. What you want ideally is an organization that produces NHL calibre players from lower end prospects like the Marlies and Syracuse have been doing for their big clubs, for example.

Having high end talent on the team obviously helps in that regard, but it’s highly dependant on quality coaching and development programs.

I think the sign of a great AHL operation isn?t necessarily just getting results and preparing high end talent. What you want ideally is an organization that produces NHL calibre players from lower end prospects like the Marlies and Syracuse have been doing for their big clubs, for example.

Having high end talent on the team obviously helps in that regard, but it?s highly dependant on quality coaching and development programs.

Right. Winning, at that level is secondary to teaching structure and developing players into correct roles. The Rangers do a terrible job with developing to roles and have for years.

Making the same mistakes with Lias they had with Lundmark. #1 C in Hartford shouldn't be your 3rd Line LW in NHL.

Right. Winning, at that level is secondary to teaching structure and developing players into correct roles. The Rangers do a terrible job with developing to roles and have for years.

Making the same mistakes with Lias they had with Lundmark. #1 C in Hartford shouldn't be your 3rd Line LW in NHL.

To me this isn't a Hartford problem. This is a organizational problem. Why is Chytil playing wing when Quinn said they see him as a center? Why is Lias playing wing when they said the same thing about him? If there's no room on the team, put them in the minors. I don't understand the rush.