• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should Mats Zuccarello and the Rangers Reunite?

Phil

Wishful thinking by Brooksie. I doubt it is on Gorton's radar screen. After all, there were not even any reports of them making an offer to Zucc last summer or before the deadline.

Last summer it made sense to trade his expiring contract for assets as a rental at the next deadline rather than re-sign, even if they wanted to (or still want to) bring him back this summer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even believe this is a question, A.

But then you trade a first for Zucc 3 years from now when the Rangers need depth scoring before a playoff run. Hopefully Zucc's mom dies that year.

I was waiting for the "Marty" reference!!!

You were due, fine sir!! :rofl:

Bring him back. He'll be good until his late 30's just like MSL was. He works hard and is the best possible role model for all of our young guys. Also Zib is better with him.

Counter: DAL re-signs him to a reasonable four-year deal (due to no State tax) with an NMC and full trade protection. He promptly shits the bed, is made a healthy scratch and tells DAL prior to the deadline he will only accept a trade back to the Rangers (a la Avery/MSL) who re-acquire him for pennies on the dollar and refuse to honor his trade protection in the process. :D

assuming kravtsev and kakko make the club, there's no room for him

I think they may surprise people and view Kakko as a center. Curious to see what they say after they draft him. I mean he's 18 and has everything you want, why wouldn't you just make him a center? He excelled there a the few games he played this season.

assuming kravtsev and kakko make the club, there's no room for him

Panarin / Zibanejad / Buchnevich

Zuccarello / Chytil / Kakko

Lemieux / Howden / Kravtsov

Andersson / Nieves / Fast

Kreider traded. Namestnikov traded. Vesey traded. Strome traded or bought out for pennies on the dollar. Connor Brickley isn't an NHL player.

I think they may surprise people and view Kakko as a center. Curious to see what they say after they draft him. I mean he's 18 and has everything you want, why wouldn't you just make him a center? He excelled there a the few games he played this season.

He put up better stats*, but his overall game wasn’t the same.

Both Kaapo and Kravtsov put up their best stats playing LW, according to Stat boy Steven

I like both on the RW more, but could see them playing anything. Hopefully “we” give them appropriate time to adjust to the nhl game and let them develop naturally into the most successful players they can become

Panarin / Zibanejad / Buchnevich

Zuccarello / Chytil / Kakko

Lemieux / Howden / Kravtsov

Andersson / Nieves / Fast

Kreider traded. Namestnikov traded. Vesey traded. Strome traded or bought out for pennies on the dollar. Connor Brickley isn't an NHL player.

i'd rather have Kreider there on LW

they do need 2nd line center

I'd take Hayes over both. He solves the 2C issue. He solves a ton of issues.

Actually agree with this. I wouldn't be upset if they added Panarin and re-signed Hayes at all.

Panarin Zibanejad Buchnevich

Chytil Hayes Kakko

Lemieux Strome Kravtsov

Andersson Howden Fast

I wouldn't be upset at all with that group going into next season.

LW crew of Panarin, Kreider, Lemieux, Andersson... o-my.

I'm starting to feel that blood flow again!!! :devil:

I would be completely OK with those lines. The defense on the other hand....

Rome wasn't built in a day, Sharpie!! But I think Fox is going to be a vital piece of the puzzle. We definitely have some work to do back there!!!

Everything I've read about Fox and Miller makes me extremely happy.

They don't make the club next year though, right?

Fox makes it easily unless he has a terrible camp.

They didn’t pay two 2nds for him to spend a year in Hartford.