• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should Mats Zuccarello and the Rangers Reunite?

Phil

I would be completely OK with those lines. The defense on the other hand....

A mess.

Skjei Shattenkirk

Staal Fox

Hajek ADA

Pionk

...now I suppose that's better than last year, but still. So many questions. It could actually be a lot better or worse than it looks. Every single defenseman has question marks attached.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mess.

Skjei Shattenkirk

Staal Fox

Hajek ADA

Pionk

...now I suppose that's better than last year, but still. So many questions. It could actually be a lot better or worse than it looks. Every single defense man has question marks attached.

The Hajek injury completely sucked. That was one guy I really wanted to watch for the remaining games. lol He looked good in the cup of coffee he did have. I'm looking forward to a healthy return for him next year. They really need him to live up to the hype for this defense. The Shattenkirk/Staal situation is interesting. I could see a buyout of Staal happening. Shattenkirk is a mess. Is he even trade-able with that contract?

The Hajek injury completely sucked. That was one guy I really wanted to watch for the remaining games. lol He looked good in the cup of coffee he did have. I'm looking forward to a healthy return for him next year. They really need him to live up to the hype for this defense. The Shattenkirk/Staal situation is interesting. I could see a buyout of Staal happening. Shattenkirk is a mess. Is he even trade-able with that contract?

Maybe at half price. I see some guys on here thinking he rebounds this year. Not sure I buy that though.

A lot of ifs, but if Fox is the goods, ADA takes another big step forward next year, and Hajek is solid in his own end, it won't be so bad having Shattenkirk around getting less minutes. Injecting Hajek/Fox in lieu of Smith/Claesson/Pionk has a good chance of being an upgrade to the defense as a whole at least.

A mess.

Skjei Shattenkirk

Staal Fox

Hajek ADA

Pionk

...now I suppose that's better than last year, but still. So many questions. It could actually be a lot better or worse than it looks. Every single defenseman has question marks attached.

What about Smith & Lindgren?

Someone has to be moved or bought out.

I would prefer their first round pick. But if DAL has no intention of signing him back, I would not mind brining him back on a 3 year deal max.

depends on how active we will be in Free Agency. Are we signing some big ticket players to go with the new young talent? If we sign Panarin and Karlsson and can also fit Zuc in there, I say go for it. But there's not really a reason to bring him back if we are not going to be bringing in top talent anyway.

Only way I'd see him fitting in with the rebuild is to sign him to another 1 year deal and he becomes new trade bait next deadline.

I'm starting to feel that blood flow again!!! :devil:

Rome wasn't built in a day, Sharpie!! But I think Fox is going to be a vital piece of the puzzle. We definitely have some work to do back there!!!

I think the work is finding a way to rid ourselves of some dead weight.

But between Fox, Lindgren, Hajek, Lundkvist, Miller, Rykov, Gross, and maybe to a lesser extent Gilmour, the depth is there and that's just what's in the system. Who knows who we might sign **Cough cough** Karlsson

Skjei and DeAngelo are probably the only two current Rangers Dmen I'd want to keep.

I think the work is finding a way to rid ourselves of some dead weight.

But between Fox, Lindgren, Hajek, Lundkvist, Miller, Rykov, Gross, and maybe to a lesser extent Gilmour, the depth is there and that's just what's in the system. Who knows who we might sign **Cough cough** Karlsson

Skjei and DeAngelo are probably the only two current Rangers Dmen I'd want to keep.

I don't think there's anyway around it, Triple B. We're gonna be stuck with them for a couple of years. But...

I'd like to use that 20th pick to get that 6' 4' German defenseman Moritz Seider, or possibly one that falls to us...maybe Cam York or Matthew Robertson. By the time they're ready to play in the NHL, Staal and Shatty will be gone. Then they can slide right in there as our next big time stoppers.

No need to go waste precious cap money on some of those guys.

A mess.

Skjei Shattenkirk

Staal Fox

Hajek ADA

Pionk

Hajek's going to be palying 20:00 a night next year, not on the third pair.

The Hajek injury completely sucked. That was one guy I really wanted to watch for the remaining games. lol, He looked good in the cup of coffee he did have. I'm looking forward to a healthy return for him next year. They really need him to live up to the hype for this defense. The Shattenkirk/Staal situation is interesting. I could see a buyout of Staal happening. Shattenkirk is a mess. Is he even trade-able with that contract?

I don't see anyone that has a real sense of defense in the NHL can see that Shattenkirk isn't even worth the contract we gave him two years ago. Look at how he has been playing, it's almost as if a turnstile has been starting on the 1st line with Staal. Hajek getting healthy is one thing I would like to see next year.

It's really too bad about Shattenkirk. I mean, I wouldn't say I was a huge fan. I knew he wasn't someone you were going to look for playing solid defense all the time. But despite that, he's still been a pretty big disappointment.

He is exactly what he was the year before they signed him.

He is exactly what he was the year before they signed him.

Well, he has been injured, and that slowed him down a bit.

Primarily the same player... but no longer getting bailed out by superior Blues defenders and not getting rewarded passing to superior Blues forwards on the PP. Blues knew how to use him to make him into a successful player to help the team. That hasn't been the case in NY.

It's really too bad about Shattenkirk. I mean, I wouldn't say I was a huge fan. I knew he wasn't someone you were going to look for playing solid defense all the time. But despite that, he's still been a pretty big disappointment.
Trotz was pretty unequivocal at the time: NOT a first pairing D.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk