• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Must Decide Whether to Keep or Deal Kreider

Phil

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. I have no idea what he will be. I’m against the risk of it. I’m not worried about the front end of the contract. I don’t like the risk now. We need panarin of today in 5 years from now.

No, they need a Panarin within the next 2 seasons so everyone isn’t played like Pionk (3rd pair playing a #1D role). That’s not how most players develop

12M is an exaggerated number to make the argument sound better for not getting him. 11M tops. 7 years seems likely though. It's the going length for guys like Panarin.

Hey, I'm not the one throwing around 12m here. I've repeatedly said it won't be 12. Frankly, I'm not even sure he gets 11, and I think the overwhelming likelihood is that he ends up somewhere in the 5/52 range. I'll back off that if and only if someone trades for his rights at the draft, in which case he might get 8/80 or so.

But if FF wants to keep throwing around 7/84 or 12m/y as an argument against Panarin and wants to throw down a rep bet that he's right, who am I to say no?

$12m is the max he would get and I’m only using that number from past arguments that people posted as the number. I do think he’s around $11m maybe a little more if the rangers get into a bidding war with Florida. $10m in Florida is equal to $11.5m from the rangers. I would think that panarin would want equal money to come here. It just depends if he’s set on a place or he’s set on the most money. If it’s the latter than the rangers will be going north of $11m.

If you want to bet I will bet he gets no less than $11m to sign here and only here.

Smith

Shattenkirk

Or RFAs like Spooner, Namestnikov, Vesey.

Those defenseman were paid market value. We even got a discount on Shattenkirk by going 4 years not 7.

Vesey makes $2.2 and hasn't gotten a new deal yet.

Of Spooner and Names, only Names didn't deserve the contract he got based on his Rangers performance.