• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets 2019

lefty9

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullpen almost blew another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ha!! Bullpen DID blow another one. Alonso's good eye and an even worse bullpen on the Phillies saved the day. Diaz should never pitch again. (Exaggeration I know, but really? These performances?)

Sine note: I almost went to last night's game since I had to drop my son off at JFK. I've never...ever...experienced such traffic before in my life. Hours from Bronx to JFK then pretty much the same all the way back. Heading up the Bronx River Parkway then across the Tapanzee and up the T'way to Newburgh at 10PM was a solid stream of cars. It looked like an evacuation. What was that?

it's the Mets, not exactly known for being a well-run franchise. I wish MLB would make Wilpon sell the team like they did the Dodgers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Los_Angeles_Dodgers_ownership_dispute

'Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig announced that the takeover was due to concerns over the team's finances, and a loss of confidence in the ability of owner Frank McCourt to run the team'

Given the ponzi thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Wilpon

MLB is inconsistent. But the owners decide who they want to be in their group, so whatever

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

IMO it?s the deal structure from what we?ve read so far. Wilpons are still hanging around 5 years from now. Doesn?t seem like they will be taking the back seat (should be in the trunk!) and will continue to drive this bus for a while.

Wheeler departure didn?t help. $$$ still seems to be THE issue...besides the overall poor team management.

I?ll still root for the METS. I?m a believer. But my stomach is in pretty bad shape from being a fan. Soooo much hope. Soooo much promise.

Yeah it's hard to get excited when it seems like they're purposefully sucking whatever competitive years the Mets could possibly have. Great news for five years from now but that'll almost assuredly be without players like DeGrom and Syndergaard. There's no reason for the Wilpons to stick around but it seems like they'd much rather hand over a team in need of a rebuild rather than one that can immediately outdo anything they've done.

The mets have a good chance to complete,but loose a important player in Wheeler to the Phillies ,who happened to sign Harper last season and are trying to sign free agent Rendon

How could they Not Be able to sign wheeler or fill his spot with another pitcher.

Cohen can't do anything this season but next season ,he will be active ,Wilpons should be happy with the 500 mill a year they be getting for the next five years

• 1 month later...
IMO it?s the deal structure from what we?ve read so far. Wilpons are still hanging around 5 years from now. Doesn?t seem like they will be taking the back seat (should be in the trunk!) and will continue to drive this bus for a while.

Wheeler departure didn?t help. $$$ still seems to be THE issue...besides the overall poor team management.

I?ll still root for the METS. I?m a believer. But my stomach is in pretty bad shape from being a fan. Soooo much hope. Soooo much promise.

Jeff Useless-as-tits-on-a-Snake Tampon apparently wants to stay on as COO with decision-making powers AFTER Cohen buys the team. GTFO already you jerk. (NYPost story said this: https://t.co/UtnZLHcg0h?amp=1 )

Pot st Lucie had a 57 million dollar renovation ,mets minor league team and spring training facility of the mets,but the assholes won't allow the minor league team (port st Lucie mets ) to use the club house ,yet they only paid 2mill of the 57 mill that cost to do the renovations ,guess who flipped the rest ,tax payers

Wfan had this report