Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New York Mets 2019

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    It's baseball. It starts in Spring. It's easy to eternally hopeful. I'll be convinced by April 1st that the Jays are the best team in the AL. Every year you're back.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    IMO itís the deal structure from what weíve read so far. Wilpons are still hanging around 5 years from now. Doesnít seem like they will be taking the back seat (should be in the trunk!) and will continue to drive this bus for a while.

Wheeler departure didnít help. $$$ still seems to be THE issue...besides the overall poor team management.

Iíll still root for the METS. Iím a believer. But my stomach is in pretty bad shape from being a fan. Soooo much hope. Soooo much promise.
    Jeff Useless-as-tits-on-a-Snake Tampon apparently wants to stay on as COO with decision-making powers AFTER Cohen buys the team. GTFO already you jerk. (NYPost story said this: https://t.co/UtnZLHcg0h?amp=1 )

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Jeff Useless-as-tits-on-a-Snake Tampon apparently wants to stay on as COO with decision-making powers AFTER Cohen buys the team. GTFO already you jerk. (NYPost story said this: https://t.co/UtnZLHcg0h?amp=1 )
    or useless as tits on a bull ,but you are right

Pot st Lucie had a 57 million dollar renovation ,mets minor league team and spring training facility of the mets,but the assholes won't allow the minor league team (port st Lucie mets ) to use the club house ,yet they only paid 2mill of the 57 mill that cost to do the renovations ,guess who flipped the rest ,tax payers
    Wfan had this report

You can't make this up

Something about having the minor league guys 'see' what they're missing as motivation to make it to the big club. Maybe. Better still? Wilpon's should just leave and everyone will be happy.

Q? Can the guys and play on the field overcome this shit-show of ownership and management? We have such nice players and the squad is really coming together in spite of the foibles upstairs. I know what your're thinking, "There goes Frank - trading in his Rangers blue glasses for Mets orange." LOL I guess I am. (As I type this I'm hearing in my head, "The Mets win the pennant. The Mets win the pennant." Yup, counseling might help.)

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    We have such nice players and the squad is really coming together in spite of the foibles upstairs.
    So we've thought every spring for the last five years.

It'll ultimately come down to what pitching staff ends up showing up this season.

Exactly Drew. Every season is the same. If the starters work, the bullpen fails. Who was that four-eyed fuck with the too long pants who blew save after save after save a few years back. I've blocked his name from memory. He's one in a string of implosions. It's penance or a sentence being a Mets fan. You know.

Still, LGM!

The relievers killed any hope of making the playoffs last season,especially Diaz

Clippard? LOL

I think it was Fransisco Rodriquez

K-Rod was almost a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    The relievers killed any hope of making the playoffs last season,especially Diaz
    I'm hoping for a big bounce back year for Diaz and "maybe" the weight loss by Famlia will help get back to where he was his first time around with the Mets.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Pot st Lucie had a 57 million dollar renovation ,mets minor league team and spring training facility of the mets,but the assholes won't allow the minor league team (port st Lucie mets ) to use the club house ,yet they only paid 2mill of the 57 mill that cost to do the renovations ,guess who flipped the rest ,tax payers
    Wfan had this report
    Who thought this was a good idea should be fired, but it is the Mets
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    I'm hoping for a big bounce back year for Diaz and "maybe" the weight loss by Famlia will help get back to where he was his first time around with the Mets.
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Clippard? LOL
    Yup -- that's the douchebag. Every time I saw him I threw up a little in my throat.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567