• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign F Vitali Kravtsov, G Igor Shesterkin to ELCs

Phil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a clause to ostensibly protect their earnings - if the player doesn't make the team, they can head back to Europe for the year.

I think he ment exactly what is the clause in Shesterkin?s case. Can he go to KHL if he stays in AHL in more than 3 months? More than 20 games?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I worked with a diehard NY Football Giants fan old timer back in the early 80’s. He lamented everyday “Will I get to see my boys win just ONE Super Bowl before I die?????” Well, ’86 happened, then ’90 happened and he even made it to see the 2 over NE. (Beating bitch Brady TWICE only made it that much sweeeter!)

We can only pray this our time to see the same!?!?!?!?

I think he ment exactly what is the clause in Shesterkin’s case. Can he go to KHL if he stays in AHL in more than 3 months? More than 20 games?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Or if either doesn't make the team does that mean they go back to the KHL for another year?

What are the terms of the clause?

Or if either doesn't make the team does that mean they go back to the KHL for another year?

What are the terms of the clause?

Not sure if the specifics have been put out, yet. Most are similar to what Buchnevich got

May 13, 2016 | 8:46PM

Share:

5/13/16 | 8:38PM: Pavel Buchnevich has a European Assignment Clause in his contract with the Rangers which means that he has the right to play in Europe if not on the Rangers roster. (Cap Friendly)

Buchnevich would likely return to the KHL rather than play in the AHL.

At least in the case of Viktor Tikhonov's contract in 2008 with the Coyotes, if the player is sent down he can return to Europe but he if is called up he has to return to the team. (Coyotes)

Agent Steve Bartlett explains that the clause gives players an out to go back and play overseas if they are more comfortable.

Section 11.19 of the CBA: Loan To Clubs Outside of North America may refer to this clause.

Fellow European players like Artemi Panarin, Sergei Plotnikov, Sami Aittokallio, Valeri Nichushkin also have these clauses in their contract.

Adam Rotter: This likely won't be an issue but does provide Buchnevich with a little bit of security and control over where he plays if he happens to not be with the Rangers.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/pavel-buchnevich-has-a-european-assignment-clause-in-his-contract/177983758