Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks Talk

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar

New York Knicks Talk

The Knicks won the tank race, now they need a little luck
    Ian Begley

"It's easier to find street parking in Manhattan than it is to find an NBA executive, player or coach who doesn't think Durant is going to sign with the Knicks in July.

Some of Durant's former teammates think it's going to happen, per ESPN sources. Several of his current teammates have told friends that they think it's going to happen, sources said. Opposing agents believe it's a fait accompli: "Just a matter of putting pen to paper," is how one agent of another top free agent in the 2019 free-agent class put it.

Why would Durant come to the Knicks when he could stay with the Golden State Warriors or sign with other teams with stronger supporting casts, such as the LA Clippers or Brooklyn Nets?

One opposing executive monitoring Durant's situation closely believes that the opportunity to win in New York -- and push the notion that he jumped on the bandwagon to win rings in Oakland from the forefront of fans' consciousness -- is a pull for the two-time Finals MVP.

"Winning there would change the narrative around him," one executive said. Multiple executives doing their homework on the free-agent class, though, fully expect Durant to sign with the Knicks and Irving to join him.

Mills, Perry and Fizdale repeated that point often in the ensuing months. Fizdale said recently that he had heard praise from people around the league about how hard his team played and how they treated players, traits that haven't been associated with the team in recent seasons."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ed-little-luck

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Durant annoys me. He's a baby. But it's been 2 decades since I last saw a Knicks team worth watching more than just a handful of games a year. I hope they get him.

I don't want Kyrie, but yeah he's probably the other guy.

Going to be disappointing though when they pull the 5th pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Going to be disappointing though when they pull the 5th pick in the draft.
    To most people. To me, 5th pick is the default they're going to get. If they can get a top 3 pick it's going to be a huge upset. The odds are very very bad

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    To most people. To me, 5th pick is the default they're going to get. If they can get a top 3 pick it's going to be a huge upset. The odds are very very bad
    http://www.tankathon.com/

52.1% odds for a top 4 pick. Not sure what percentage of that is top 3. 48% chance of getting the 5th pick after the garbage season they had is just a ridiculous format. Leave it to the Knicks to bomb the same season they change the lottery.

http://www.tankathon.com/

52.1% odds for a top 4 pick. Not sure what percentage of that is top 3. 48% chance of getting the 5th pick after the garbage season they had is just a ridiculous format. Leave it to the Knicks to bomb the same season they change the lottery.
    14.0 / 13.4 / 12.7 / 11.9 / 47.9 %

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

bottom line is Knicks have a fifty-fifty chance of getting either the 5th pick OR a random pick 1 through 4

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    First they lose the draft lottery and now Durant supposedly tore his achilles
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

They actually were a draft lottery winner. Only had like a 40% chance to place top 3.

So much for Durant though. The most Knicks thing ever would be to hand out a max contract to a broken player like they did with Amare. Sorry Durant. If he really wanted to come here that sucks. I respect his dedication to the Warriors and his teammates, but that really is not a good injury to have as a free agent. Who knows how much time he will miss. His best bet is to probably stay with GSW now.

You know what I mean as far as the draft goes
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Knicks are reeling now that Durant is confirmed to be out with Achilles Tendon injury. Long summer ahead...

Stay the course, rebuild, take Barrett and hope he is better than Zion
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    First they lose the draft lottery and now Durant supposedly tore his achilles
    Typical GD Knicks
    MY TEAMS BREAK MY HEART

Sign KD, sit him 2019-20. Fill second max slot to trade for bad expiring contracts to collect draft picks, tank for a lotto pick, develop Barett, Knox, Robinson, DSJ, and sign second FA in 2020-21 to play with KD

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Sooo... Brazdeikis. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Don't know much about him.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Two Canadians, right?

I think I'm going to be a Knick fan. Toronto sports scene is too smug, too hipster, and extensively used to push politics.

Knicks are awful. I like that.

I was a big fan of Barret's dad growing up, but there's a pretty good trend of top pick Canadians turning out to be busts.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Two Canadians, right?

I think I'm going to be a Knick fan. Toronto sports scene is too smug, too hipster, and extensively used to push politics.

Knicks are awful. I like that.

I was a big fan of Barret's dad growing up, but there's a pretty good trend of top pick Canadians turning out to be busts.
    Nets fans full of hipsters too
    RJ is going to be a stud, but not immediately.it's like they think he's going to save the team as a rookie.Almost feel bad for the kid, expectation of this fanbase Is out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    Nets fans full of hipsters too
    RJ is going to be a stud, but not immediately.it's like they think he's going to save the team as a rookie.Almost feel bad for the kid, expectation of this fanbase Is out of this world.
    I haven't gotten that feeling that the Knicks are all of a sudden a good team because of Barrett. Maybe they win 5-6 more games with Barrett and progression from the rest. Still a dumpster team for at least 2-3 more seasons minimum if they don't get any big time free agents. I'd still like to see them sign Durant. Let the kids get more experience but get another shot at a high lottery pick next year.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    I haven't gotten that feeling that the Knicks are all of a sudden a good team because of Barrett. Maybe they win 5-6 more games with Barrett and progression from the rest. Still a dumpster team for at least 2-3 more seasons minimum if they don't get any big time free agents. I'd still like to see them sign Durant. Let the kids get more experience but get another shot at a high lottery pick next year.
    I don't mind signing Durant if they are confident in all the medical records ,letting him sit a full year and bring him back with load management in 2 yrs. Let RJ,Mitch,DSJ and Knox play a lot this year.Hell even give Frank some playing time. Sign a couple veterans to one yr deals to help mentor(the right vets though). Probably lose a decent amount ,but the young guys will be playing and getting experience plus end up with another good pick in all likelihood.

Senior Member Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    I don't mind signing Durant if they are confident in all the medical records ,letting him sit a full year and bring him back with load management in 2 yrs. Let RJ,Mitch,DSJ and Knox play a lot this year.Hell even give Frank some playing time. Sign a couple veterans to one yr deals to help mentor(the right vets though). Probably lose a decent amount ,but the young guys will be playing and getting experience plus end up with another good pick in all likelihood.
    +1
    The Knicks are going to need time with younger players such as Knox, Frank, and RJ. But what they need (to your point) the right veterans on reasonable 1-yr contracts to help mentor our youth.

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    MY TEAMS BREAK MY HEART

Senior Member Midget Division
    Wouldn't it be great to see MSG with 2 Championship teams under one roof at the same time? Not saying that is likely soon, but you can dream, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast