• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers "Not Afraid" to Use Offer Sheet

Phil

17. The Rangers landed Harvard defenceman Adam Fox to their prospect base on Tuesday. If Dallas comes back to defeat St. Louis, one of the seconds for Mats Zuccarello becomes a first. (New York staffers are probably wearing green to the office.) This is Step 1 of what is expected to be an aggressive off-season. ?Watch out for them,? a couple different GMs said. GM Jeff Gorton, armed with picks and cap room, has made it known he is going to be active. Teams up against the ceiling will need them as a potential partner, and the Rangers will want good players to ease your pain. And, they are sending signals they won?t be afraid to use an offer sheet.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-penguins-big-decisions-include-malkin/

Yeah, to me that says you can go after Marner/Point/Rantanen if you want to sacrifice the picks.

Four 1st rounders is a LOT to give up, but if you get one of the best young kids for 7 years (can an offer sheet be 8 years? I'm assuming no since it's not the team who originally had the contract's offer sheet), do you?

Yeah, to me that says you can go after Marner/Point/Rantanen if you want to sacrifice the picks.

Four 1st rounders is a LOT to give up, but if you get one of the best young kids for 7 years (can an offer sheet be 8 years? I'm assuming no since it's not the team who originally had the contract's offer sheet), do you?

are any of these guys worth $10.15 million? I dont think so, so i dont think the Rangers will offer sheet them.

I think the only way I would offer sheet someone that was worth 4 1st round picks is if they think they can recoup 1st round picks via trading players (Kreider). Giving up 4 1st round picks is a high price to pay especially if they will be a lottery team next season.

are any of these guys worth $10.15 million? I dont think so, so i dont think the Rangers will offer sheet them.

I think the only way I would offer sheet someone that was worth 4 1st round picks is if they think they can recoup 1st round picks via trading players (Kreider). Giving up 4 1st round picks is a high price to pay especially if they will be a lottery team next season.

If they were UFAs, every single one of htem would get $10m. The problem is that there's no guarantee that their production translates. Like Point isn't putting up 90 points with Buchnevich and Vesey on his wings lol.

i would think the offer sheet poison pill contract is only really if you're going for it, rather than to pluck young talent which translates to lack of draft picks and high dollars, something the rangers don't need to do at the moment. i'd rather they go after mcdavid who at least is a known quantity.

i'd rather pick up vet presence on a 1 year deal for now to show the kids the right way to play in the big's. i'd take 2 Mr. Game 7's in a heartbeat this off season.

Marner will likely fetch 10m from TOR. He's their best young player.

If they were UFAs, every single one of htem would get $10m. The problem is that there's no guarantee that their production translates. Like Point isn't putting up 90 points with Buchnevich and Vesey on his wings lol.

Ha, is Point playing with Kucherov and Stamkos? He's not Namestnikov 2.0, but I see what you're saying.

i would think the offer sheet poison pill contract is only really if you're going for it, rather than to pluck young talent which translates to lack of draft picks and high dollars, something the rangers don't need to do at the moment. i'd rather they go after mcdavid who at least is a known quantity.

i'd rather pick up vet presence on a 1 year deal for now to show the kids the right way to play in the big's. i'd take 2 Mr. Game 7's in a heartbeat this off season.

Why? So they can play 82 games and not go into a playoff series? Lol.

Marner will likely fetch 10m from TOR. He's their best young player.

Ha, is Point playing with Kucherov and Stamkos? He's not Namestnikov 2.0, but I see what you're saying.

Why? So they can play 82 games and not go into a playoff series? Lol.

I'm a big believer in salty dogs with the right character as coming in and leading the youth.

just my style. they don't cost much in today's game either.

Ty. I'll uhhhhhh, log into that site later man. lol.

I'm a big believer in salty dogs with the right character as coming in and leading the youth.

just my style. they don't cost much in today's game either.

Yeah, fair. Because you offer sheet a young guy, doesn't mean the team can't go out and get a veteran depth leader in the summer. As you said, they're inexpensive in today's game.

Ty. I'll uhhhhhh, log into that site later man. lol.

Yeah, fair. Because you offer sheet a young guy, doesn't mean the team can't go out and get a veteran depth leader in the summer. As you said, they're inexpensive in today's game.

Lol, I forgot that LWL switched to a sign in.

Basically, TBLs most commonly used line at 5v5 was Point - Kucherov - Johnson at 13.5%.

Sure. But he's not going to play on the PP with Stamkos and Kucherov in NY.

Get it?

He scored 24 and 21 ES goals in previous years. Even if he get 10 on PP he's still a 35 goal scorer.

There were people who thought Panarin was a product of Kane. Everyone isn't always a product of someone else.

I guess every community needs a contrarian.

He scored 24 and 21 ES goals in previous years. Even if he get 10 on PP he's still a 35 goal scorer.

There were people who thought Panarin was a product of Kane. Everyone isn't always a product of someone else.

I guess every community needs a contrarian.

Except for the fact that I didn't say Point is a product of them. All I said was that we don't know if the production translates, and I said it for all 3 guys. It's a question of every FA, RFA, or trade ever.