• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers on Short-List for Malkin?

Phil

1. Pittsburgh will never rebuild as long as Sidney Crosby is around. But defeat does not sit well in that corner of Pennsylvania and there is need for renovations. You can understand the eye-rolling that comes with Evgeni Malkin trade rumours, but several other clubs believe there is something to this ? that, at the very least, the Penguins are determining the feasibility of the idea.

GM Jim Rutherford declined comment, but hinted at it in a couple of local interviews last week. Malkin has a no-move clause, yet the buzz is that he?s taking some time to decompress and think about a.) if he?d agree and b.) where he?d agree to go to. That would be a short list, maybe the Rangers and Florida? The bigger hurdle might be Mario Lemieux, with The Athletic?s Josh Yohe reporting sources have told him Lemieux is against the idea. For the Penguins to consider this, the return must be good enough to keep them in contention now.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-penguins-big-decisions-include-malkin/

Gonna be a no from me dawg. Lotta miles on that car.

Still interested in learning the cost. Could be lower than expected. Still has 4+ years of more points than anyone on this roster.

Gotta think that conversation begins with Zibanejad.

What if it doesn’t?

Other than that, only roster player off limit might be Chytil.

As long as it’s not for top prospects or top picks this season.

#offseason

Great player and don?t deny he?s got elite hockey left.

But 32. Has missed a ton of games to injury and his only thing to prove would be winning without Crosby, which even if that failed he?s still got an MVP, Conn Smythe, Calder trophy, 2 scoring titles and 3 Cups to his name.

How much motivation does he have?

Price too will be very high

I?ll pass

Great player and don’t deny he’s got elite hockey left.

But 32. Has missed a ton of games to injury and his only thing to prove would be winning without Crosby, which even if that failed he’s still got an MVP, Conn Smythe, Calder trophy, 2 scoring titles and 3 Cups to his name.

How much motivation does he have?

Price too will be very high

I’ll pass

Going to cost $9.5 million for the next 3 years.

i would have traded hank for him straight up 4 years ago and rode talbot to the canyon of heros.

^^^ALL of this adds up to a huge NO!