• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Shattenkirk on the clock,"

Phil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Smith is tradeable absent taking a bad contract in return. If you retain half his salary, the taker has still got him at over 2m for two years. If you bought him out, no one would sign him at 2m for two years. He would be a 1m one year reclamation project. The realistic options with him are buy out, Hartford, and press box with occasional appearances due to injuries on defense or the fourth line.

They apparently already have found that Shatty may be untradeable as well. There's a good chance there are no buy outs. It pushes dead space into the future, when it will be more difficult to deal with than it is now.

If these guys prove they can play, there will be teams that take them, with retention. But with 2 years remaining, I don’t think that time is now.

2 years is a great stop-gap between current d and the next era, if Quinn can rotate efficiently

I just think Shatty was playing hurt the last couple of seasons. I have a strange feeling he has a comeback season next year. He wasn't skating well, and he was always a really good skater. His shot was off and it looked like he was a step behind the play on more than a few occasions.

For some reason I feel a comeback year in the making. Calling it now.....

I don't buy it for a second, he's been an outright disappointment since day one, failed as a rental for the caps. His hairline is more offensive that he is on the ice. He's gonna be be comeback player that Smith was. Piss poor with no real redeeming value. Both signings turned out to be just brutal. And those signings were made by whom?

I don't buy it for a second, he's been an outright disappointment since day one, failed as a rental for the caps. His hairline is more offensive that he is on the ice. He's gonna be be comeback player that Smith was. Piss poor with no real redeeming value. Both signings turned out to be just brutal. And those signings were made by whom?

We're going to have to give him the chance to up his value this season, JS. I'm not expecting this season to be anymore than last year with the exception of actually NOT having to root against us to tank. There's a lot to be excited about, but we're not quite there yet in my estimation. We have a lot of things to do yet to unload some old bad contracts and players that don't fit the bill any more.

That being said, if we can get anything at all from Shatty and possibly get a season from him that shows he can help out a playoff team on the PP at this year's deadline, it would be a huge boost! Just being able to get anything at all from him or even unload his last contract year would be a shot in the arm.

I'm just hoping here....