• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECSF | New York Islanders (M2) v. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7
    • Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series just goes to show how much the playoffs are down to matchups. As strong as the Isles were in the regular season and against the Penguins, they just don't match up well against a team like the Hurricanes for some reason.

Much as I am enjoying this and as strong as the Canes have been on home ice, I expect the bubble to burst and the Islanders to break out with a scoring barrage. McElhaney apparently played pretty well this year, but come on, he's a 35 year old journeyman whose ears are ringing from all of the posts he heard getting hit today.

The Islanders have had a bad ice home advantage at Barclays and have always had a good record there, even when there were about 5,000 in the seats. It will be nice to have some of this series played at an NHL arena.

Isles outplayed the Canes for 59 minutes. I srsly looked away for a minute and it was 2-1.

Isles weakness all year has been scoring. Honestly it reminds me of the Rangers throughout almost the entire decade run. A few years were better than others, but frequently they had issues scoring while being tough defensively.