• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller Likely Playing One More Year at Wisconsin, "At Least"

Phil

Why would he be too young for the AHL? You might be thinking of the junior rule, but that wouldn't apply to him. I don't think there's much of a difference for his development between being in college and the AHL, but it's not NHL or bust.

Good point I forgot ncaa players don?t follow that rule- my mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think this is being overblown, personally. He changed positions, what, 3 years ago now? Like any young player, he needs more experience, but it's not as if he's totally lost out there.

Nobody says he's lost out there, but being a recent convert to D is a factor in his development.

He needs to work on his position and Wisconsin have an excellent record developing D. He's in a good spot there or another year imo.

• 5 weeks later...
I think the point is more that he’s getting top line minutes vs lesser competition in order to hone his game vs playing 8 mins a night here vs nhl guys where he may not have the same opportunity to grow. I generally feel like defensemen under the age of 22 don’t do well in the nhl and I’d prefer to let him go through the process rather than bringing him in and him not being ready. Tutuapp 9apps ShowboxHe’s still too young for the AHL I believe as well so if he does come and isn’t ready it creates a weird situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't respect a distinction for his advancement between being in school and the AHL, however it's not NHL or forget about it