• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

William Nylander, Done as a Maple Leaf?

Phil

I don't see it as a fascination. Any time a good player is potentially available we generally talk about them.
No, this forum is fascinated with him.

He's a 20+ goal, 60+ point player who fades away in the playoffs and people here drool over him.

It?s just rare that a former #8 overall who?s 22 and has 162 points already might be available.

And probably the lower his value will ever be coming off a shortened season.

I wouldn?t put too much emphasis in his playoff stats. 11 pts in 20 games at ages 19-21 isn?t completely terrible.

He hasn?t hit his peak, but not sure if he?s a fit here with the assets it would take.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It’s just rare that a former #8 overall who’s 22 and has 162 points already might be available.

And probably the lower his value will ever be coming off a shortened season.

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis in his playoff stats. 11 pts in 20 games at ages 19-21 isn’t completely terrible.

He hasn’t hit his peak, but not sure if he’s a fit here with the assets it would take.

Zibanejad, 23, 151 points, #6 pick

He turned into a pretty good player since, no? Rangers won that deal, hands down.

Very good deal. At this age, data shows that the player has 3-5 of increase in production.

More importantly, they go from learning the game, to being much more complete during this time.

Like I said, perfect age to get ahold of Nylander, but I think it would take much more than what we gave for Zib.

I admit, one of my biggest fears with Nylander, is looking to the future of having Kravtsov, Kakko, Zibanejad, Chytil, Panarin*, Nylander as your top 6. That's not a squad built for the playoffs.

And to add to that...he?s been centered by Matthews quite a bit.

Potential Tavares affect