Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Linked to Jacob Trouba

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Rangers Linked to Jacob Trouba

So we can start the watch on the Rangers’ interest in Winnipeg’s pending free-agent right defenseman Jacob Trouba manifesting itself in trade talks, the Jets having been KO’d in six by the Blues.

Winnipeg, the organization that built almost exclusively through the draft, is about to get hammered. Trouba, who had an extremely contentious second-contract negotiation that bled into the start of 2016-17, is a Group II with salary-arbitration rights; wingers Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor are Group II’s without arbitration rights who will nevertheless command massive increases coming off entry-level contracts; and defenseman Tyler Myers is a pending UFA.

Trouba, who turned 25 in late February, is likely to command $7 million a year. The Rangers will be among those wanting to give it to him.

This, I believe, would suit the Blueshirts just fine on their 2019-20 right side: 1. Trouba; 2. Adam Fox; 3A. Tony DeAngelo; 3B. Neal Pionk.

The Jets, in their elimination game in St. Louis on Saturday, were able to muster just 22 five-on-five shot attempts through 40 minutes while outshot 22-6 at full strength. They neither had enough nor got enough.
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/21/silenc...site%20buttons
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    How do you have Adam Fox ahead of Deangelo? lol

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    There's a world where we pick twice in the top 60 and land both Trouba and Fox for next year. Punting Dallas' 1st (if we're so lucky), Winnipeg's 1st, and the Tampa 2nd doesn't really feel too awful to me if that's the outcome.

That's a world I can absolutely live with.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Brooks saying Rangers are "linked" to Trouba kist means he read us talking about it.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Brooks saying Rangers are "linked" to Trouba kist means he read us talking about it.
    It really has seemed lately like some of his stuff comes out after we bring it up on here!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    It really has seemed lately like some of his stuff comes out after we bring it up on here!! LOL
    Nah, it's an offseason tradition.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Nah, it's an offseason tradition.
    I hear ya G!! I really am looking forward to the draft though. I think were still in rebuild mode for next season, but it's going to be easier to cheer for these guys knowing full well we can build around a bigtime player and show some direction.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    How can we pick up Trouba and Fox without first getting rid of two others. I just don't see it being possible. They have way too many dmen as it is.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    What exactly is Brooks proposing happens to Shattenkirk with that lineup of 4 RHD already? That someone will actually want to just take his contract? Also, what are we paying Pionk to be a 7th dman? Pretty worthless comment there by LB without context.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    What exactly is Brooks proposing happens to Shattenkirk with that lineup of 4 RHD already? That someone will actually want to just take his contract? Also, what are we paying Pionk to be a 7th dman? Pretty worthless comment there by LB without context.
    Unpopular opinion, perhaps, but I think someone will take Shattenkirk, especially if we retain some. I think he'll waive too; dude needs a fresh start.
    Hidden Content

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I think Shattenkirk gets one more season. He came in last year re-habbing. I think, this season, he comes in ready to play. better shape, better mindset, chip on his shoulder. I dont think he wants to get traded, bought out, or benched this season, and works hard this offseason to prevent it.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Squirt Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think Shattenkirk gets one more season. He came in last year re-habbing. I think, this season, he comes in ready to play. better shape, better mindset, chip on his shoulder. I dont think he wants to get traded, bought out, or benched this season, and works hard this offseason to prevent it.
    I agree
    And if he’s lousy he’s traded or bought out next June

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I agree
    And if he’s lousy he’s traded or bought out next June
    I don't know if I buy that. He can be dealt to 20 teams per his clause; I think if a decent enough offer comes through, he's gone. Right handed shots are overvalued in the NHL, and I can think of at least a few teams that wouldn't mind adding a cost-controlled righty asset for 2nd-3rd pair + PP time.

I also think we'd eat a chunk of that contract. We've got cap space to do so.

I don't think he's the first guy off the blueline to go in a perfect world (sup, Brendan Smith) but he's by no means untouchable or untradeable, and he's not really an underwater asset either.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Unpopular opinion, perhaps, but I think someone will take Shattenkirk, especially if we retain some. I think he'll waive too; dude needs a fresh start.
    Sure, I actually agree if they retain half of his contract someone will want roll the dice on him at 3.25 or whatever it is. It would have been worth a sentence in the article. I don't think Shattenkirk being traded is very likely though.

I don't know if I buy that. He can be dealt to 20 teams per his clause; I think if a decent enough offer comes through, he's gone. Right handed shots are overvalued in the NHL, and I can think of at least a few teams that wouldn't mind adding a cost-controlled righty asset for 2nd-3rd pair + PP time.

I also think we'd eat a chunk of that contract. We've got cap space to do so.

I don't think he's the first guy off the blueline to go in a perfect world (sup, Brendan Smith) but he's by no means untouchable or untradeable, and he's not really an underwater asset either.
    Oh he has value to someone in a trade especially if they’re eating salary. I just think that they’ll take a shot with him through another season, or at least until the deadline. Not making excuses for his lousy play, but there’s some stuff that he’s dealt with (i.e. essentially lame duck coach, 1st year coach and system, team declining, injury, etc.) that probably earn him a shot until the deadline unless they get an offer for him they like

At next year's deadline and potentially after 7/1/20, he gets more attractive to budget teams.

He's due 6m salary this year, but only 4m in 2020....2m of which is a signing bonus. For a budget team, a 2m payout for a 6.5m cap hit is a big win.
    Hidden Content

day-to-day Midget Division
    http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com...-Hayes-Pursuit

Are we to believe that Panarin, Hayes, and Trouba are all going to be Rangers next year? Or are agents using the New York Rangers to drive up the asking price for free agents?
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com...-Hayes-Pursuit

Are we to believe that Panarin, Hayes, and Trouba are all going to be Rangers next year? Or are agents using the New York Rangers to drive up the asking price for free agents?
    I can see Panarin and Trouba. I don't think Hayes comes back.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Oh he has value to someone in a trade especially if they’re eating salary. I just think that they’ll take a shot with him through another season, or at least until the deadline. Not making excuses for his lousy play, but there’s some stuff that he’s dealt with (i.e. essentially lame duck coach, 1st year coach and system, team declining, injury, etc.) that probably earn him a shot until the deadline unless they get an offer for him they like
    Those smell like excuses, he's been trash. He's a seasoned vet who has failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Those smell like excuses, he's been trash. He's a seasoned vet who has failed miserably.
    We’ll se if they are or they aren’t. Even if that’s not why he’s played poorly, none of that has helped. But they’re going to give him the opportunity. And those things are a part of why they will. That was the operative part of my point.

Personally, I think he’ll be shit. I never liked the signing to begin with and have never been a fan of his. He’s lousy in his own end and needs to be sheltered, and if you’re going to be that as a D, you better be outstanding offensively and he’s not ever been that. And he couldn’t find a way to fit with McDonagh.

As far as I’m concerned in most cases, unless you’re at or near elite offensively, sheltered minutes=bottom pairing.

But they’ll try with him until the deadline at least. If they can deal him then, they will. If not, they find a partner next summer. Or they look at a buyout depending on what they’re able to do with Staal and Smith.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast