• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Winnipeg Pick is Looking Good

Sod16

Starting with the 16th pick, the next group of teams to pick are teams who lost in the first two rounds who did not win a division. Among the teams in this group, it's by reverse order of points.

Winnipeg had 99 points, so they will pick at least before Pittsburgh, Islanders, Boston, Toronto, TB, Wash, SJ, Nashville and Calg.

Columbus, StL, Vegas, Dallas, Carolina and Colo had fewer points (or ROW) than Winnipeg, but at least one and probably two of those teams have to make it to the Conference finals. That means two more teams that pick after Winnipeg.

That would make the Winnipeg pick no worse than 20.

No team that would pick before the Winnipeg pick is out yet and guaranteed to be in the first group. Carolina picks before the Winnipeg pick unless it comes back to beat Wash and wins the next series.

18-20 is looking like the most likely spot!

Should be no problem finding the next Hugh Jessiman from that position!

The 20th pick is now locked in. Not bad, now rooting for Dallas to win this round (and lose in the WCF - sorry little hobbit) to improve on the Stars first rounder

The pick could still be anywhere from 18-20, depending on the remaining matchups.

Dallas - avs

Blue jackets - canes

Thats best case scenario for rangers. Then we have the #18 pick and Dallas? first.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

WCF / ECF teams cannot draft ahead of eliminated teams

only two possibilities:

16 Colorado 90

17 Vegas 93

18 Dallas 93 / St. Louis 99

19 Columbus 98 / Carolina 99

20 Winnipeg 99 [bELONGS TO RANGERS]

16 Vegas 93

17 Dallas 93 / St. Louis 99

18 Columbus 98 / Carolina 99

19 Winnipeg 99 [bELONGS TO RANGERS]

20 San Jose 101

Listen, I laid it out in black and white above, it can only be 19 or 20. WCF / ECF teams cannot draft ahead of eliminated teams

only two possibilities:

16 Colorado 90

17 Vegas 93

16 Vegas 93

20 San Jose 101

This is assuming the ECF isn't Columbus and Carolina. If it is, Winnipeg is 18 I believe.

ECF Columbus/Carolina

WCF Dallas/Avs

That's what you want.

Listen, I laid it out in black and white above, it can only be 19 or 20. WCF / ECF teams cannot draft ahead of eliminated teams

only two possibilities:

16 Colorado 90

17 Vegas 93

16 Vegas 93

20 San Jose 101

Neither one of your scenarios treats the possibility that Columbus and Carolina both lose their current series, in which case they both pick before the Rangers. You also don't treat the possibility that Colorado loses to SJ, in which case Colorado picks before the Rangers. As I said, Colorado, Dallas/StL, Columbus, Carolina, and Vegas are all non-division winners with fewer points than Winnipeg. That makes five teams that would pick between 16 and 20, before the Winnipeg pick, if none make the conference finals, which is perfectly possible. That would make the Winnipeg pick No. 21. As explained earlier, it can go as high as 18 if Colorado, Columbus, and Carolina all win their current series and make the conference finals.

yeah total brain fart on my end I have no idea why I had Carolina vs Columbus when it's Carolina vs Islanders - I give up!!!

But so far so good Islanders losing if they get eliminated it's a 2 for 1 we see those losers go away plus Carolina can't rank ahead of NY's Winnipeg pick

With Dallas's win tonight, it's time (jinxing notwithstanding) to start looking at that pick. If Dallas finishes off the Blues and loses in the Conference finals, the pick is No. 28. If Dallas makes the finals and loses, it's 30. If they win the Cup, it's 31.

With Dallas's win tonight, it's time (jinxing notwithstanding) to start looking at that pick. If Dallas finishes off the Blues and loses in the Conference finals, the pick is No. 28. If Dallas makes the finals and loses, it's 30. If they win the Cup, it's 31.

We're in the tank for Dallas, CBJ, and Colorado to maximize.

All three win their series, and we've got 2, 18, and 28-31

you better hope they win game 7 lmao