• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Have Checked in with Rangers About No. 2 Overall

Phil

Vancouver is getting closer. That division isn’t great and they have some really nice young pieces to build around in Pettersson, Horvat, Hughes, and Boeser, with Juoveli arriving next year. Virtanen too if he ever takes the next step.

Still need a goalie, but another big piece this draft could set them up for a long time.

instead of #2 I think we'd be happy to give them Georgiev

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of value do you think Georgiev has?

Who would play backup next season?

A 2nd, maybe, from a desperate team.

Shesterkin (spelling per NYR) is rumored to be signing in May, once his KHL contract expires. Or maybe one of the other 10 goalies theyve drafted recently can do something.

I very badly want the Rangers to draft their own stud, franchise forward. Hearing Petterson's name as a possibility in a trade wouldn't even make me flinch.

I'm with you, man!

This is the first time we've gotten a chance to draft a potential franchise player in recent memory. It's also understandable that teams would ask to see if there is a possibility to make a deal. Let's face it, the Rangers have made some pretty fucked up deals in the past, so why wouldn't a GM dangle a line in the water and see if they bite.

But I think Gorton should go with this stroke of good luck here, and stay the course. Even if NJ takes Kakko, which I really don't think they will, that leaves Hughes, who is one of the next highly touted superstars in waiting. I can certainly live with drafting Jack Hughes at #2. I think both players are going to be franchise players for the next 10 years easily. I also think Hughes would love to fit into the NY scene.

I wanna see Kakko as a Ranger, and I'm hoping that's what's going to go down. This winning #2 in the lottery was arguably the most exciting thing that's happened all season!!! If they trade away the rights to draft either of these two, I'm gonna have a fucking brain aneurysm.

• Like 2

What's with Vancouver and uniting brothers?

Realistically - if they offer Pettersson, we have to listen, at least.

I'd imagine a realistic deal here would look something like

#2 + Staal for #10, Boeser, 2020 unprotected 1, ++

Not sure I love the idea.

What's with Vancouver and uniting brothers?

Realistically - if they offer Pettersson, we have to listen, at least.

I'd imagine a realistic deal here would look something like

#2 + Staal for #10, Boeser, 2020 unprotected 1, ++

Not sure I love the idea.

Realistically that's probably what they would offer, and realistically Gorton wouldn't listen further.

I wouldn't either, but it'd get the conversation started.

That would be silly for Vancouver though.

Obv. I was being hyperbolic cause yeah, you?d start listening when they say Elias AND Brock.

In fact, you?d probably say yes. But whatever. I?m seriously gonna be fuckin livid if they deal #2 for anything but #1, and even then, I wouldn?t want it. I want the Devils to pick and I will be happy with whoever they leave on the table, Kakko or Hughes.

Lol come on.

Well he's been hyped for over two years. I think he will be good, but never live up to it. His shot is average at best and he plays soft and is tiny. The only times I've watched him play were at WJC, and today and all of those games he was very unimpressive. If the Devils take Kakko I would still say take him and hope for the best but I'd really be upset to not get Kakko instead. I think Hughes is more likely to be the Nolan Patrick of the two. He was a can't miss stud two years ago and he's been nothing special.

Well he's been hyped for over two years. I think he will be good, but never live up to it. His shot is average at best and he plays soft and is tiny. The only times I've watched him play were at WJC, and today and all of those games he was very unimpressive. If the Devils take Kakko I would still say take him and hope for the best but I'd really be upset to not get Kakko instead. I think Hughes is more likely to be the Nolan Patrick of the two. He was a can't miss stud two years ago and he's been nothing special.

same here. he looks like someone can pick him up and throw him over the glass when he reaches NHL. But he's quick

Exactly.

There's a reason he's highly touted and consensus #1. He had 4 goals today and 7 points.

If we could some how trade up into the top 10 and snag Cole Caufield id be hyped. The dude is tearing it up right now.

Best bet is to root that Winnipeg pick down.

Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, St Louis, Carolina - that's your rooting interest right now. In Round 2, it's the same, plus CBJ - and the unfortunate reality that both Dallas and St Louis or Vegas and Colorado can't make it.

If the dominoes fall right, that Winnipeg pick could be as high as 18, couldn't it? 18 + a 2nd or 2 should get us to Caulfield, I think.

Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, St Louis, Carolina - that's your rooting interest right now. In Round 2, it's the same, plus CBJ - and the unfortunate reality that both Dallas and St Louis or Vegas and Colorado can't make it.

If the dominoes fall right, that Winnipeg pick could be as high as 18, couldn't it? 18 + a 2nd or 2 should get us to Caulfield, I think.

I'd be all in on that, i think this kid is gonna be just as effective as Johnny Hockey up in Calgary. Small frame SNIPER to pair with some of our young centers. please please please

It just depends on where Caulfield will go. His stock has risen and it’s looking like there are a number of teams that have pretty serious interest in him. Per the rankings he’s mid-teens right now. With a pick at 18, trading up a few spots to get him is doable, but they’d have to find a team up there that’s got a pick at which he’d be available and not be a team that is taking him. But that’s certainly possible

If he’s going to go higher than that, or that Winnipeg pick is lower, then it gets harder.

Moving up more than 3-5 spots is rare and expensive. You don’t see much of it for that simple reason. It’s usually cost prohibitive.

The kid is looking like a stud. Likely to rise in the rankings and there goes our chance at him...

Yeah. Im totally fine with Kakko tho, so I dont care if Hughes scores 10 goals every game.

How kakko does in the worlds is more interesting now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk