• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Have Checked in with Rangers About No. 2 Overall

Phil

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think this is a whole lot of nothing. Just a time waster in the off season. I don't by it being anything but hot air with less than zero chance of happening.

Writers have inches to fill and a narrative to push. It’s just fodder and talk for speculative purposes. It’s fun for them to write and for people to read.

While Gorton takes the calls and has the conversations, he’s not trading the pick.

For perspective, it’s become so difficult in the cap era to get top tier talent in free agency. Best place to get it is the draft.

Which is why, in the cap era, NO TOP 4 PICK HAS EVER BEEN TRADED.

Not 1

Only 8 trades of top 10 picks have occurred since the cap was instituted. Nothing above pick 5. And most have involved teams moving up a couple of spots.

It’s not happening.

They’re keeping the pick and taking Hughes or Kakko.

It makes no sense for Vancouver to trade Pettersson after the season he had. I wouldn’t even trade him straight up for #1 pick if I was their GM. Pettersson is elite and I think he will have a better career than both hughes and Kakko.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think Pettersson is an untouchable for Vancouver. The article last week did not mention him as being included at all. He’d have to be included for them to even consider that deal. But I don’t think he is. Vancouver won’t trade him

I do wonder why teams don?t go after siblings more. I?d assume that siblings who grew up in the same house playing the same sport who are within a few years of each other in age would have a playing bond that?s pretty unreal.

If you watch Daniel and Henrik, one always knew where the other was. That doesn?t come with Xs and Os and team practice. That happens because you?ve been playing with this person your whole life.

I?ve wondered this for several months now.

Maybe the Sedins are the outliers.

I don?t think putting Jimmy and Kevin Hayes on a line together would have the same affect.

;966096]I do wonder why teams don?t go after siblings more. I?d assume that siblings who grew up in the same house playing the same sport who are within a few years of each other in age would have a playing bond that?s pretty unreal.

If you watch Daniel and Henrik, one always knew where the other was. That doesn?t come with Xs and Os and team practice. That happens because you?ve been playing with this person your whole life.

I?ve wondered this for several months now.

I don?t think putting Jimmy and Kevin Hayes on a line together would have the same affect.

The Sedins were twins, same age. Even only a year and a half apart, Jack and Quinn were rarely on the same team.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I do wonder why teams don’t go after siblings more. I’d assume that siblings who grew up in the same house playing the same sport who are within a few years of each other in age would have a playing bond that’s pretty unreal.

If you watch Daniel and Henrik, one always knew where the other was. That doesn’t come with Xs and Os and team practice. That happens because you’ve been playing with this person your whole life.

I’ve wondered this for several months now.

I don’t think putting Jimmy and Kevin Hayes on a line together would have the same affect.

Still waiting for the Ferraro brothers to dominate the league

• Like 1

I do wonder why teams don’t go after siblings more. I’d assume that siblings who grew up in the same house playing the same sport who are within a few years of each other in age would have a playing bond that’s pretty unreal.

If you watch Daniel and Henrik, one always knew where the other was. That doesn’t come with Xs and Os and team practice. That happens because you’ve been playing with this person your whole life.

I’ve wondered this for several months now.

I don’t think putting Jimmy and Kevin Hayes on a line together would have the same affect.

They don’t always play organized hockey together. When they do, sure. Played against the sestito brothers - but they’re so different. They had chemistry when they were younger, but both dominated, and it had nothing to do with a singling being on the team. I’ve also seen brothers/twins unable to play on the same team due to egos.

Eric and Jordan Staal wasn’t anything special. Kostisyns the same.

Maybe Vegas wants Brendan Smith

If you're one grade, or two years apart, you're not playing in the same league as your sibling?

I didn't play so idk age limits in leagues.

So if you're not in the same league, or even on the same team, then you're not practicing together, I guess. And if you do practice together, I assume it's not going to be nearly as concentrated as team practice.

Interesting.

;966117]If you're one grade, or two years apart, you're not playing in the same league as your sibling?

I didn't play so idk age limits in leagues.

So if you're not in the same league, or even on the same team, then you're not practicing together, I guess. And if you do practice together, I assume it's not going to be nearly as concentrated as team practice.

Interesting.

In hockey leagues, players born one year apart would play every other season together.

But, these players were all selects, which goes by birth years.

So i doubt any of them played together past age 8 or 9

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk