• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Have Checked in with Rangers About No. 2 Overall

Phil

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be pretty surprised if the Rangers don't trade picks to move up, unless they are looking at potentially trading picks for roster players.

Winnipeg plus 2 2nds moves them up how many spots? Or if Dallas pick turns into a 1st, how many spots to package that with Winnipeg pick? Let's assume Winnipeg is 20 and Dallas 28. Is that enough to get back into the top 10?

The U18 tournament can be very misleading. When you have kids playing in it like Hughes who are greatly advanced and head and shoulders above their competition, they just go nuts. Especially when they play against teams outside of the “Big 6” of international programs.

You don’t see quite as much of that in the U20.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Rangers don't trade picks to move up, unless they are looking at potentially trading picks for roster players.

Winnipeg plus 2 2nds moves them up how many spots? Or if Dallas pick turns into a 1st, how many spots to package that with Winnipeg pick? Let's assume Winnipeg is 20 and Dallas 28. Is that enough to get back into the top 10?

To move up that high they will probably need to include a roster piece. Teams want something proven that can help them now to move off of a top 10 pick usually.

He seems like the "guy folks will reach for" in this draft.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him on the Sabres or Kings.

I?d stay away. I mentioned him recently thinking he might be someone that falls to 17 or so, and I?d like to move up to get him.

Now I think it?s going to take moving into 10th spot to get him and that?s a reach IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’d stay away. I mentioned him recently thinking he might be someone that falls to 17 or so, and I’d like to move up to get him.

Now I think it’s going to take moving into 10th spot to get him and that’s a reach IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rangers take him at #2 because he "made the biggest strides this season leading up to the draft".