• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Have Checked in with Rangers About No. 2 Overall

Phil

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ozzy, I did all my hockey shopping at Plaza. One stop shop for everything hockey.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hell Yeah! Must've spend a small fortune in there just in Dek Hockey stuff!!!!

They didn't go to Pat-Med. Pretty sure Port Jeff is correct.

Never was overly impressed with either of them.

I could have sworn they had that picture of the 2 of them in Pat Med jerseys...I'm fucking senile, what do I know. I do remember their brother Mike that used to work there; He was a piece of work to deal with. :rofl:

Hey Brownie! You are probably close by! Maybe sometime next season we can meet up with RJ for a game at one of the locals and drown our sorrows while these growing pains occur! LOL

I'm always down with catching a game.

Plaza sports thrived off the dek hockey rink. Especially right around the time the Rangers won the Cup. I did the schedules for mean Gene Maier the dek season after the Rangers won and he had over 225 teams. Sadly where I play now has a whopping 9 teams total.

Plaza sports thrived off the dek hockey rink. Especially right around the time the Rangers won the Cup. I did the schedules for mean Gene Maier the dek season after the Rangers won and he had over 225 teams. Sadly where I play now has a whopping 9 teams total.

What Dek hockey place was that?

Did it have the Mylec dek hockey flooring, cause I think my brother played there.

When you wanna catch a game at Flanny's you know I have 2 answers, my man: Yes and Sure.... :rofl:

What Dek hockey place was that?

Did it have the Mylec dek hockey flooring, cause I think my brother played there.

Yeah it did....and man, that shit was slippery when it rained!

End of the day the generational talents are still heading to the CHL for development.

Crosby

Mcdavid

Tavares

Mackinnon

Hall

Stamkos

Kane

But i know of some top 04’s commenting the USHL route that normally would opt for the CHL year

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

At the end of the day, Canadian generational talents are going the CHL route. Kane is the only non-Canadian on the your list, and he's from Buffalo, which should have long since be forced to secede to Canada.

End of the day the generational talents are still heading to the CHL for development.

Crosby

Mcdavid

Tavares

Mackinnon

Hall

Stamkos

Kane

But i know of some top 04’s commenting the USHL route that normally would opt for the CHL year

Well I don't love the use of "generational" for this group. But if this is the standard, then I'd think Johnny Goudreau and Jack Eichel should be included. Neither went CHL - they both went USHL and then college. Then there's how many Euros...Pastrnak, Barkov, Ovechkin, Malkin.

In general I think your point is probably right for the top 2-3 players in the game, but I don't think this list really makes the case.

Well I don't love the use of "generational" for this group. But if this is the standard, then I'd think Johnny Goudreau and Jack Eichel should be included. Neither went CHL - they both went USHL and then college. Then there's how many Euros...Pastrnak, Barkov, Ovechkin, Malkin.

In general I think your point is probably right for the top 2-3 players in the game, but I don't think this list really makes the case.

Oh agreed.

My point of reference was the ?next? ones...the North American 15-16 year olds. All of those players above were tagged as the best in the world as 16 year olds (North American).

But I?m seeing a trend recently of players bypassing the CHL.

I'm pretty sure their father owned Plaza Sports in Centereach, They played for Patchogue Medford growing up though.

I have a work boot that's 34.5 years old!! :rofl: ...I know! ....Time for new work boots!!!!

Yes they owned 3 Plaza sports..centereach, montauk, and their hometown of rocky point

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey Brownie! You are probably close by! Maybe sometime next season we can meet up with RJ for a game at one of the locals and drown our sorrows while these growing pains occur! LOL
I grew up in St. James and went to Smithtown East H.S. I played ice, dek and roller hockey since I was a young. Dek and roller at the Miller place rink. My best bud played a ton in Port Jeff, traveling team etc. His name is Phil LoBianco, I'm pretty sure he reffed at PJ and Miller Place. I am now living in Clearwater, FL. I moved down in '85 and moved back and forth, (wife wanted the big NY wedding) Been here permanently since '99 ish. Sorry about the read here, I just wanted to explain why I couldn't meet up with you because I would have liked to, would've been a blast!

I grew up in St. James and went to Smithtown East H.S. I played ice, dek and roller hockey since I was a young. Dek and roller at the Miller place rink. My best bud played a ton in Port Jeff, traveling team etc. His name is Phil LoBianco, I'm pretty sure he reffed at PJ and Miller Place. I am now living in Clearwater, FL. I moved down in '85 and moved back and forth, (wife wanted the big NY wedding) Been here permanently since '99 ish. Sorry about the read here, I just wanted to explain why I couldn't meet up with you because I would have liked to, would've been a blast!

Ahh Gotcha my man!!!

I played at Plaza in Centereach for a long time. Feeling a lot of those injuries to this day!!! LOL

Yeah no worries my man!! I'm usually one of the more peaceful guys to watch a Ranger game with! (Good thing RJ isn't reading this now!!) :rofl:

Aside from the Jagermeister shots and overall screams of "SHOOT IT!" along with occasional outbursts of "They Suck!!!", I'm usually pretty tame!

I'm exactly the same, especially the " SHOOT IT fuck stick". He doesn't show up but once or twice a year, but black out man can be quite a handful. Lol.

Yeah, We'd fit right in man!!! No doubt!!! LOL

Phil traveled a lot with Jay Machin's teams. Played against and with him plenty of times. A few years back he attempted to play in the over 40 league, but wasn't in the best of shape for it.