• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks Have Checked in with Rangers About No. 2 Overall

Phil

We've been through the age thing before and determined that several of us are old enough to remember Harry Howell, that is as a player as opposed to a sweater in the rafters.

It's a good thing Marc Staal chose to go UFA and sign with Carolina to play with Jordan and Eric, otherwise we would have been stuck with a fat contract for longer than a 34 year old can remember.

Oh, you say that's not what happened? Memory gets a little faulty with time.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been through the age thing before and determined that several of us are old enough to remember Harry Howell, that is as a player as opposed to a sweater in the rafters.

It's a good thing Marc Staal chose to go UFA and sign with Carolina to play with Jordan and Eric, otherwise we would have been stuck with a fat contract for longer than a 34 year old can remember.

Oh, you say that's not what happened? Memory gets a little faulty with time.

I don’t go back quite that far.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember the Ferraro brothers?

I'm pretty sure their father owned Plaza Sports in Centereach, They played for Patchogue Medford growing up though.

If I had to guess, the average age of the forum is probably like 34.5.

I have a work boot that's 34.5 years old!! :rofl: ...I know! ....Time for new work boots!!!!

I'm pretty sure their father owned Plaza Sports in Centereach, They played for Patchogue Medford growing up though.

I have a work boot that's 34.5 years old!! :rofl: ...I know! ....Time for new work boots!!!!

They didn't go to Pat-Med. Pretty sure Port Jeff is correct.

Never was overly impressed with either of them.

Big seasons in the USHL vaulted Peter into 1st round. Stupid. That league is still a 2nd tier league today, and was even more so 25 years ago. It’s best asset is that kids who play there keep NCAA eligibility, like playing Junior A instead of Major Junior in Canada.

Chris got taken as a 4th round flyer because they’d already taken his brother.

Big seasons in the USHL vaulted Peter into 1st round. Stupid. That league is still a 2nd tier league today, and was even more so 25 years ago. It?s best asset is that kids who play there keep NCAA eligibility, like playing Junior A instead of Major Junior in Canada.

Chris got taken as a 4th round flyer because they?d already taken his brother.

Big seasons in the USHL vaulted Peter into 1st round. Stupid. That league is still a 2nd tier league today, and was even more so 25 years ago. It?s best asset is that kids who play there keep NCAA eligibility, like playing Junior A instead of Major Junior in Canada.

Chris got taken as a 4th round flyer because they?d already taken his brother.

I?d say liking right now, the USHL has caught the CHL in regards to talent.

I?ve had players recently (this season) bounced from USHL camps and heard to the WHL.

And unless the CHL changes some eligibility rules, you?ll see more and more prospects heard that way. Doesn?t hurt that the NCAA is committing 14 year olds which directs them to the USHL

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What is the rationale for the CHL paying pennies which eliminated ncaa eligibility?

Most CHL players make 50 dollars a week?

lol.. A living allowance is the reason mmmk. Pretty ironic considering the shitstorn the CHL is in for not paying players.

Here's how junior hockey in Canada worked for a family member of mine.

OHL (Bellville) $50/week

Junior B (Listowel/Elmira) Nadda, and buy your own sticks

Junior C (Kincardine) $20,000 lump sum payout

Nothing about this makes any sense. It's a total scam to keep Canadian kids out of NCAA programs.

I believe the WHL us under legal issues right now in regards to finances.

They had to open books I believe which showed just how little they are giving the players.

Like I said, 10 years ago the USHL was a tier behind the CHL. 20 years ago it was light years behind the CHL.

Recently the Junior Hockey News came out with league rankings.

1- USHL

2- OHL

3- WHL

4- QMHL

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/rating-the-junior-hockey-leagues-ushl-and-major-junior-2018-edition/

Publishers Statement;

The USHL and OHL are clearly the world leaders in NHL player development at this time. While our rankings have in the past and will likely today cause much debate, the one thing that can not be argued, is that these leagues represent the best of the best. We expect the back and forth battle in annual rankings to continue.

I'd still put the USHL behind the OHL personally. The OHL's still the place for generational talent.

But, the gap has dramatically closed recently and is trending to blow by the CHL.

The article mentioned, that some are saying both the BCHL and NAHL are surpassing the Q in development.

There was a very sad and touching story about one of the Ferraro brothers, I forget which one. He was somewhat socially withdrawn, having concentrated on hockey growing up, and married a very outgoing classmate at U. Maine who sort of brought him out of his shell. She died of cancer at about age 30 and he was devastated.

There was a very sad and touching story about one of the Ferraro brothers, I forget which one. He was somewhat socially withdrawn, having concentrated on hockey growing up, and married a very outgoing classmate at U. Maine who sort of brought him out of his shell. She died of cancer at about age 30 and he was devastated.

I remember that from about 2003. Very sad.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember the Ferraro brothers?

Remember they played on the same line with Paul Kariya at Maine, and MSG waaayyy back featured them in college a few times after they were drafted. But having a HoFer on your college line probably contributed a great deal to what ever success they had there.

Sorry that it didn't work out hockey wise but moreso for the one brother's tragedy.

Chris Ferraro

I believe the WHL us under legal issues right now in regards to finances.

They had to open books I believe which showed just how little they are giving the players.

Like I said, 10 years ago the USHL was a tier behind the CHL. 20 years ago it was light years behind the CHL.

Recently the Junior Hockey News came out with league rankings.

1- USHL

2- OHL

3- WHL

4- QMHL

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/rating-the-junior-hockey-leagues-ushl-and-major-junior-2018-edition/

I'd still put the USHL behind the OHL personally. The OHL's still the place for generational talent.

But, the gap has dramatically closed recently and is trending to blow by the CHL.

The article mentioned, that some are saying both the BCHL and NAHL are surpassing the Q in development.

I actually agree with all of this, but I'm still going to continue to poke you on it.

I actually agree with all of this, but I'm still going to continue to poke you on it.

Hey you Canadian bastard....this is a 10 year thing we have going. No agreement.

How about i start coding with the CHL and you take the USHL/NCAA

We can address this again in 5 years :)