Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers Agree To Terms With G Igor Shesterkin and F Vitali Kravtsov

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Georgiev belongs in the NHL. He played very well behind a team with awful defense and abysmal possession numbers. Statistically speaking, they were arguably the leagues worst or second to worst team this year. Honestly the fact that they finished with 78 points is at least a little baffling when you go by their possession numbers, and the numbers on their possession quality and the like. Really got bailed out by goaltending so often
    Agree with all of this.

But just for perspective, Henrik's numbers were better 5v5. For all the shit he gets, he had a better 5v5 SV% than Fleury, Bobrovsky, Crawford and a bunch of other guys, and, to your point, he wasn't exactly playing behind the 90s Devils.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Its just the fans, really. And some fans have been saying it from day 1.
    Sure some been saying it from day 1 but I don't think that's the majority. The majority right now though do see Hank the same way as Eli Manning

Senior Member Squirt Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    I think Hank has high level to elite play left in him behind the right team. And while I don’t think he’d fetch an unbelievable return and they would surely have to retain/take back some salary, he’d probably net us a fair to good package in return.

I think Hank has high level to elite play left in him behind the right team. And while I don’t think he’d fetch an unbelievable return and they would surely have to retain/take back some salary, he’d probably net us a fair to good package in return.
    We would need to eat a big chunk of that salary

I think Hank has high level to elite play left in him behind the right team. And while I dont think hed fetch an unbelievable return and they would surely have to retain/take back some salary, hed probably net us a fair to good package in return.

Senior Member Midget Division
    If this didn't happen last season or at this trade deadline, it's safe to assume it's not going to happen. Hank is staying until his contract runs out.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    They asked Hank if he wanted to get traded. He said no. He's not being traded.
    GORTON 2020

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    So ask him again. And again. And again.

We don't owe him a thing.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Social media rules everything in all walks of life. People have been b******g about " The King " for years. " fans " are rarely satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If this didn't happen last season or at this trade deadline, it's safe to assume it's not going to happen. Hank is staying until his contract runs out.
    I don’t necessarily agree with that. Granted, he may stick to his guns on what he has already said that he’ll never ok a trade. But maybe he has a change of heart as there is less time left on his deal.

I still think it’s a long shot. Certainly not happening this year.
    But maybe next summer or at the deadline in February of 21, it’s possible

Senior Member Junior Division
    I guess I'm not as high on Georgiev as others. I deal him as soon as possible. He's a decent back up, but that's about it. I unload him and I do it fast. He's never going to be worth more than he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I guess I'm not as high on Georgiev as others. I deal him as soon as possible. He's a decent back up, but that's about it. I unload him and I do it fast. He's never going to be worth more than he is now.
    Totally fair to be lukewarm on him thus far. Still below 40 NHL starts and it’s not as though he has been at any point a huge name brand prospect. They still don’t know how he will handle a full NHL workload, so there is that question too.

But I’d hold off on trading him. He’s shown enough to warrant a continued opportunity here. And Shestyorkin, while he looks the real deal is unproven in North America. Very likely he goes to Hartford at least for a little while to acclimate to being in the US and to adjust to the North American game. Hartford staff should be better next year, so I’m not worried about that hurting him.
    If he plays well down there and forces their hand, then you look at making a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    So ask him again. And again. And again.

We don't owe him a thing.
    My 15 year old son does that too my wife constantly.

Usually works for him.

And Shestyorkin, while he looks the real deal is unproven in North America. Very likely he goes to Hartford at least for a little while to acclimate to being in the US and to adjust to the North American game. Hartford staff should be better next year, so I’m not worried about that hurting him.
    Igor negotiated an out clause in his contract, if the Rangers want him to go to Hartford then he's going back to the KHL in Russia

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Igor negotiated an out clause in his contract, if the Rangers want him to go to Hartford then he's going back to the KHL in Russia
    I think it was mentioned that, while the clause is in there, he'd be ok with spending time in the minors but if he gets stuck in the AHL for too long he'd like to have the out available to him.

How Gorton handles this situation though could be what really defines his reign

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    The assignment clause is at the discretion of the player. Buchnevich had an assignment clause. It’s fairly common with European players. You rarely see them get waived and especially by anyone smart enough to know they have a chance at the NHL.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Listen, I love Hank. I think he's been a great Ranger. Listening to my Islander friends over the year have proven to me just how frustrating he's been to play against. Problem is that contract. That contract should be hung in the GM's office with the sign that says don't let this happen again.
    Acqua in bocca

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Listen, I love Hank. I think he's been a great Ranger. Listening to my Islander friends over the year have proven to me just how frustrating he's been to play against. Problem is that contract. That contract should be hung in the GM's office with the sign that says don't let this happen again.
    that's the most Rangers thing they've done and keep doing!!

Banned Midget Division
    I don't know why a 44 year old grown man is so excited about these 2 signings. im such a pussy. fuck, I need a life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123