Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Agree To Terms With G Igor Shesterkin and F Vitali Kravtsov

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Shestyorkin, the 23-year-old goaltender (24 in December), has a contract clause that would allow him to return to Russia if the Rangers were to assign him to the AHL Wolf Pack, The Post has learned. Management apparently is confident, however, that would not be the 2014 fourth-rounder’s intention if he needs time in the AHL to adapt to the North American game. The netminder’s entry-level contract will be for two years because of his age.

Shestyorkin, selected 118th overall, will presumably compete with Alex Georgiev to become Henrik Lundqvist’s understudy. Georgiev is waiver-exempt and is eligible to be sent to the Wolf Pack if the need were to arise.
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/ranger...-amid-rebuild/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Georgiev is about to get the shaft.

In any case, this is big time news for the Rangers. It feels like this last season was purely a place holder for next season. There is a mess to be cleaned up on the back end but the forward group and the goaltending mix is really exciting.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    I'm just giddy about all this speculation as to who the goaltenders will be going forward. Couldn't sleep a wink when I heard that these 2 unproven net minders were signed.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He gave an interview last week saying he would play in hartford, but I'm sure he doesn't want it to be long term.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    And therrrrrrrrrre's the out clause.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He gave an interview last week saying he would play in hartford, but I'm sure he doesn't want it to be long term.
    I guess the clause is if he shits the bed and stays in hartford for a long period. He sounds commited, so I dont think it will be a problem.

Georgie is probably gone before next season tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    "...Shestyorkin, selected 118th overall, will presumably compete with Alex Georgiev to become Henrik Lundqvist’s understudy. Georgiev is waiver-exempt and is eligible to be sent to the Wolf Pack if the need were to arise..."

LOL understudy. Fuck off. Get rid of this boat anchor.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Georgiev is about to get the shaft.

In any case, this is big time news for the Rangers. It feels like this last season was purely a place holder for next season. There is a mess to be cleaned up on the back end but the forward group and the goaltending mix is really exciting.
    Kinda feel bad for him. But I think we can move him to a team that needs Goalie depth. I think he's proven he belongs in the NHL. Someone will recognize that.

In terms of the mess on defense, yeah it's pretty messy right now. But between Miller, Lundkvist, Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek and even lower ranked guys like Nico Gross and Joey Keane, I think we are looking promising on the back end. Skjei and DeAngelo will stick around, after that I don't think anyone on the roster now is in the long term plans (although with Staal, Shattenkirk and Smith's contracts being pretty much unmovable who knows)

Georgiev was most likely a goner sometime next season anyway bc of the expansion draft.
    Rangers can only protect 1 goalie, and it has to be Lundqvist b/c of the NMC, Shestyorkin would be exempt; so the Rangers would have to leave Georgiev unprotected and if he performed like he did this season it would be a forgone conclusion he would be selected unless the Rangers would do some sort of deal that Seattle would not choose him but that would seem stupid on the Rangers part to give up an asset when they can gain an asset to trade Georgiev.

IMO the most likely scenerio is Shestyorkin kills it in Hartford for a month, Georgiev/Lundqvist split time, if Georgiev does well he will be traded to a team that needs a goalie, Shestyorkin gets called up.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Georgiev was most likely a goner sometime next season anyway bc of the expansion draft.
    Rangers can only protect 1 goalie, and it has to be Lundqvist b/c of the NMC, Shestyorkin would be exempt; so the Rangers would have to leave Georgiev unprotected and if he performed like he did this season it would be a forgone conclusion he would be selected unless the Rangers would do some sort of deal that Seattle would not choose him but that would seem stupid on the Rangers part to give up an asset when they can gain an asset to trade Georgiev.

IMO the most likely scenerio is Shestyorkin kills it in Hartford for a month, Georgiev/Lundqvist split time, if Georgiev does well he will be traded to a team that needs a goalie, Shestyorkin gets called up.
    Expansion draft isn't for another 2 years from now. Although maybe in two years, Henrik agrees to waive, and goes on a Fluery-esque run

FOr some reason, I had it in my mind that if Shestyorkin played next season, he would have to be protected...

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    FOr some reason, I had it in my mind that if Shestyorkin played next season, he would have to be protected...
    Can only protect 1 goalie

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Georgiev belongs in the NHL. He played very well behind a team with awful defense and abysmal possession numbers. Statistically speaking, they were arguably the leagues worst or second to worst team this year. Honestly the fact that they finished with 78 points is at least a little baffling when you go by their possession numbers, and the numbers on their possession quality and the like. Really got bailed out by goaltending so often

Can only protect 1 goalie
    sorry, I should have said "thought he would be exposed" therefore needing to be protected. But Lundqvist contract will be done at that point, unless he signed an extension.

Looked it up on capfriendly

First & Second Year Pros
    All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2016-17 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.
    I was under the impression that players were expansion draft eligible after 2 seasons, but I was wrong.

Senior Member Midget Division

I think we'd all sign up for this. Unless u can move Hankie to a team that has a run in them.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    What are the odds on Hank eventually agreeing to a deal some time in the next 2 seasons?
    I couldnít see it happening at any point before this deadline, and I think thatís a long shot. I donít imagine heíd want to be away from his kids for a year and change.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    What are the odds on Hank eventually agreeing to a deal some time in the next 2 seasons?
    I couldn’t see it happening at any point before this deadline, and I think that’s a long shot. I don’t imagine he’d want to be away from his kids for a year and change.
    low
    very low

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Maybe they will rotate Georgiev and Shestyorkin as Hanks back up to get playing time here in the NHL and down in Hartford.

I never thought Iíd see the day when weíre trying to get rid of Hank

Itís certainly tricky and the expansion draft doesnít help things. But Iím sure Gorton has a plan and isnít just moving forward blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I never thought I’d see the day when we’re trying to get rid of Hank

It’s certainly tricky and the expansion draft doesn’t help things. But I’m sure Gorton has a plan and isn’t just moving forward blindly.

Its just the fans, really. And some fans have been saying it from day 1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast