• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Agree To Terms With G Igor Shesterkin and F Vitali Kravtsov

Blue Heaven

Rangers agree to contracts with top prospects Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov

The​ Rangers have​ agreed with their​ two​ top​ prospects​ on entry-level contracts,​ sources told​ The​ Athletic Monday.

Igor​ Shesterkin,​ the​ goalie​​ long considered the heir apparent to Henrik Lundqvist, and forward Vitali Kravtsov, the first-round (No. 9 overall) pick in last June?s draft, both agreed to their standard three-year contracts.

The deals cannot be officially signed, registered with the league or announced until after their KHL contracts expire May 1.

https://theathletic.com/926058/2019/04/15/rangers-agree-to-contracts-for-top-prospects-igor-shesterkin-and-vitali-kravtsov/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell I for whatever reason don't think Quinn sees it as bad as I or some of us do. I mean continually rolling Pionk out there watching him shit up the ice gives me cause for concern. Same with Smith, not good enough to play as a defensemen every game and an underwhelming out of position forward. Don't care if he sucked the same as the rest of some of the forwards who also just aren't good enough.

Shestyorkin, the 23-year-old goaltender (24 in December), has a contract clause that would allow him to return to Russia if the Rangers were to assign him to the AHL Wolf Pack, The Post has learned. Management apparently is confident, however, that would not be the 2014 fourth-rounder’s intention if he needs time in the AHL to adapt to the North American game. The netminder’s entry-level contract will be for two years because of his age.

Shestyorkin, selected 118th overall, will presumably compete with Alex Georgiev to become Henrik Lundqvist’s understudy. Georgiev is waiver-exempt and is eligible to be sent to the Wolf Pack if the need were to arise.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/rangers-adding-top-prospects-shestyorkin-kravtsov-amid-rebuild/

Georgiev is about to get the shaft.

In any case, this is big time news for the Rangers. It feels like this last season was purely a place holder for next season. There is a mess to be cleaned up on the back end but the forward group and the goaltending mix is really exciting.