• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

All These Ex-Rangers in the Playoffs

skunkman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy can win a faceoff! Gimme Howden and let him grow! I can wait....Kid's gonna be a good one!

Agreed. Unless they?re a Crosby I don?t put any pressure on first year players. Especially on a rebuilding team that doesn?t have any real leadership. He will get better, there was a lot to like about his game. That trade is looking great for us one way or another- McD might have had a decent season but he was awful in the playoffs. Sound familiar?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't understand why anyone would hate Howden.

He's done far more than anyone could have expected of him in is first year out of juniors. Seems like a good kid, works hard, good hockey IQ, nice 3c upside.

He was clearly overused and could have done with a spell out of the limelight around mid season, but that's on the coaching staff and not him.

He's done far more than anyone could have expected of him in is first year out of juniors. Seems like a good kid, works hard, good hockey IQ, nice 3c upside.

He was clearly overused and could have done with a spell out of the limelight around mid season, but that's on the coaching staff and not him.

I don't think hate is the right word. I think expectations got out of whack a little bit by him being a surprise addition to the opening night roster and then some early success. I think he is what you said he is. 3c. I don't think there is much more of a ceiling than that.

I don't think hate is the right word. I think expectations got out of whack a little bit by him being a surprise addition to the opening night roster and then some early success. I think he is what you said he is. 3c. I don't think there is much more of a ceiling than that.

Yea, maybe hate is the wrong word.

But there was certainly a lot of complaining about him being in the lineup, if you go back to the GDTs. Maybe not Howden hate as much as Quinn critique manifesting itself by criticizing the lineup choices.

How about we give the kid some more time :rofl:

I think he's showing the right stuff. He was pretty decent on faceoff's, has good size and decent speed. He's also not going to hurt us defensively. Yeah maybe a #3 Center, but I think a guy like this has to come into his own over time. He hasn't lit the world on fire offensively, but again...look at the roster...this is a lottery team! LOL

...and Philly's right; McDonaugh and the rest of that Tampa Rangers squad showed exactly what they were made of!

I suppose it's not so ironic it was Tort's team that ate them up!

But there was certainly a lot of complaining about him being in the lineup, if you go back to the GDTs. Maybe not Howden hate as much as Quinn critique manifesting itself by criticizing the lineup choices.

I think the main gist was complaining about Quinn having some players on a very long leash (Howden, Pionk) whereas others had (seemingly)virtually no leash at all. I don't think it was hating on Howden per se, more about Quinn and the whole accountability thing. Howden hit a wall around the mid point of the season, which is to be expected from a guy straight out of juniors. He can't really shoulder the blame for the coach putting him in when he probably should've been sitting out.

I'm looking forward to seeing Howden a year older and wiser. I think he can be an excellent role player for us.

I think the main gist was complaining about Quinn having some players on a very long leash (Howden, Pionk) whereas others had (seemingly)virtually no leash at all. I don't think it was hating on Howden per se, more about Quinn and the whole accountability thing. Howden hit a wall around the mid point of the season, which is to be expected from a guy straight out of juniors. He can't really shoulder the blame for the coach putting him in when he probably should've been sitting out.

I'm looking forward to seeing Howden a year older and wiser. I think he can be an excellent role player for us.

Agree.

I just think people were being overly critical and tearing down Howden in an attempt to validate their thoughts on why he shouldn't be playing.

He's invisible.

1 goal in 20 games.

Howden played last night?

Etc.

Howden has a very good chance to develop into a very good two way bottom 6 player.

Everyone needs to relax on the young guys. It’s not easy to be a 20 year old in the NHL. He’s played 66 games in his career. Let’s see where he is at when he’s played 266. Slow down

I don't think there's anything to worry about with him. watch him develop and enjoy.

I know for me it was purely Quinn critique. I was definitely confused by the seemingly different standard Quinn had for Howden versus every other player. Especially the young players. I believe Howden will be a good player. I'm not giving him a ceiling of 3rd line yet. I saw some playmaking skills early on that could get a lot better and more consistent.

About those Ex-Rangers remaining in the playoffs...who would you happiest for if they got their name on the Cup this year? (All other factors like the effect on our picks, or hating a team, etc. not influencing your pick.)

Zuc for sure.