• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

All These Ex-Rangers in the Playoffs

skunkman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone just see the ovie Svechnikov fight? Svechnikov just got knocked out. Really bothers me. Ovie’s been ducking fights his whole career even with him running around like a reckless clown for a good part of it. He was always given a pass by most players because of his star status. Yet he’s ok with fighting a teenager. I’m sorry but if I’m Carolina I’m taking my pound of flesh before this series ends. They need to dress a man, a goon, that has the same advantage as ovie has in this fight. He should be ashamed of himself but he’s not. What’s worse is that this league has fallen this low.

And I get it. If you drop your gloves you’re fair game. But he had no intention of fighting. Ovie has never been that eager ever. He’s a coward. If that was a grown man standing there he does what’s he’s done his whole life, skate away, turtle, or wait for a red to step in.

Anyone just see the ovie Svechnikov fight? Svechnikov just got knocked out. Really bothers me. Ovie?s been ducking fights his whole career even with him running around like a reckless clown for a good part of it. He was always given a pass by most players because of his star status. Yet he?s ok with fighting a teenager. I?m sorry but if I?m Carolina I?m taking my pound of flesh before this series ends. They need to dress a man, a goon, that has the same advantage as ovie has in this fight. He should be ashamed of himself but he?s not. What?s worse is that this league has fallen this low.

Bitch move by Ovechkin, but you know Svechnikov was hounding him and then agreed to the fight. It is what it is. Bad decisions all around.

According to hockey fights. Ovechkin has engaged in 4 fights in his entire career. Tonight was his first fight since 2010. Anyone have a problem that he’s willing when the person is a teenager?

I didn't see how that fight started. The video just shows the two of them throwing. In my opinion, if someone is dropping the gloves, they are a willing combatant. I'm sorry he got his ass kicked but he should have thought about that before dropping them. I also don't agree with the announcers at all. I don't think Ovie was able to react to not fall on him a little bit there.

Didn't Ovie fight Dubinsky once or twice?

You guys are missing the point. Ovie has been challenged probably 1000 times in his career after his 1000 times he’s teied to run somebody through the boards. He’s fought 4 times. 4. He’s hasnt fought since 2010. Why tonight did he fight?

This league after the lockout made it a point to protect its stars. Fighting has gone by the wayside and goons are extinct. Ovie was given all the respect in the world when he came into the league. Plenty of times his play begged for an ass beating. It has never happened or even been attempted. The league we were told had changed and the days of paying for your actions are gone. So tonight ovie decided that the restraint he was served isn’t applicable. Well fine. Good for ovie. Bring back the goon and let ovie ply his trade like stars of old. With one eye watching his back.

Did you even see how it started? Ovie plays a heavy game and always has. Has he fought much nope hardly ever. Your insinuation is he's soft and that's not remotely accurate. His hits game in and game out aren't pussy hits like Pionks. Any mention of turning the clock back on how the game is played is a non-starter so I'm not sure why you took the time to even type it. Put Ovie in a Rangers jersey and everyone of us would own one.

Did you even see how it started? Ovie plays a heavy game and always has. Has he fought much nope hardly ever. Your insinuation is he's soft and that's not remotely accurate. His hits game in and game out aren't pussy hits like Pionks. Any mention of turning the clock back on how the game is played is a non-starter so I'm not sure why you took the time to even type it. Put Ovie in a Rangers jersey and everyone of us would own one.

Have him knock out Kakko next year and I’m sure nobody would have issue.

I’d have no issue if Wilson was the one who knocked him out. He fights, everyone knows he fights. Ovie avoids having to fight like its the plague. Yes he’s not soft. He throws borderline hits all the time. Typically in this league a fight occurs immediately even if the hit is clean. Yet the players give ovie a pass every time. He’s enjoyed that status. It’s just hard to take that he decided to drop them only when the opponent is a kid. Did the kid ask for it, sure. Has ovie asked for it his entire career running people. Absolutely. I’m not asking for a return to the old days. I’m asking for ovie to be so eager when it’s a man on the other end.

For what’s is worth I also believe if it was Wilson and not ovie the reaction would be far different. You’re 100% right Svechnikov engaged. The fact that ovie did calls into question as to why. Why is that his first fight in a decade? That’s almost hard to fathom. What was different tonight? Ovie is always in the middle of heated shit. His play brings it to him all the time. That’s my problem. He never engages in a fight. Ever. Did the combatant matter? Of course it did.

I wouldn't own one if Ovi was on the Rangers. Hate that guy, always have.

I’d have no issue if Wilson was the one who knocked him out. He fights, everyone knows he fights. Ovie avoids having to fight like its the plague. Yes he’s not soft. He throws borderline hits all the time. Typically in this league a fight occurs immediately even if the hit is clean. Yet the players give ovie a pass every time. He’s enjoyed that status. It’s just hard to take that he decided to drop them only when the opponent is a kid. Did the kid ask for it, sure. Has ovie asked for it his entire career running people. Absolutely. I’m not asking for a return to the old days. I’m asking for ovie to be so eager when it’s a man on the other end.

For what’s is worth I also believe if it was Wilson and not ovie the reaction would be far different. You’re 100% right Svechnikov engaged. The fact that ovie did calls into question as to why. Why is that his first fight in a decade? That’s almost hard to fathom. What was different tonight? Ovie is always in the middle of heated shit. His play brings it to him all the time. That’s my problem. He never engages in a fight. Ever. Did the combatant matter? Of course it did.

He did it because he knew he could pummel the fuck out of him lol

You know he had to have said something really nasty to him in Commie speak.

At any rate, gutsy move by the kid. And very stupid. Ovie has 35-40lbs on him. He’s had a couple goals all ready in the series. Hope he’s not out for long.