• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pronman: Why Kaapo Kakko could be considered with the No. 1 pick in the NHL draft

Morphinity 2.0

Maybe this is why the Rangers passed up on Middlestadt and picked Lias Andersson instead

Former USHL Green Bay Gamblers center Casey Mittelstadt already possesses NHL size, but hasn’t exactly discovered his strength yet. The prospect reportedly struggled to complete one bench press and could not complete a single pull-up.

https://www.bardown.com/nhl-prospect-fails-to-complete-single-pull-up-at-nhl-combine-1.769503

Im no expert, but I feel the combine is much more important in the NBA. Never really heard anyone drop or rise much because of it in the NHL. Atleast not in the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't think it even matters in the NBA.

But I think people forget how young some of these kids are. When guys go to the NFL combine, for instance, they've been in heavy lifting programs for 3-4 years at least. Someone like Hughes, who is still only 17, shouldn't be expected to be lifting much. Anything beyond functional strength for someone that young is dangerous. Combine measurables are more telling when guys are 21-23, not 17.

I'm really not understanding the knock on Hughes purely on size

He's the same height and close in weight to Patrick Kane. Size hasn't impacted Johnny Gaudreau. Crosby is listed at 5'11. Obviously sid is heavier but Hughes is only 17 and is still growing.

I really do not think his size will be an issue and is not going to be a thing the Devils consider