• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw on a hfboards a preds fan who had been arguing on a Preds board about a potential trade. Do anyone here take it?

To NYR:

Fabbro, Tolvanen, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd.

To Preds:

2019 2nd OA.

I would say no because the 1st is most likely very high, but would love to have Fabbro.

No for both sides. Nashville loses basically all flexibility to improve roster for the playoffs at deadline. Rangers get a drawerful of unproven talent, but nothing worth the #2. The picks will be low.

That’s a lot, but rangers need the #2 pick. More quality, less quantity, but not sure the pick is tradable,based on required return to trade away Hughes/Kakko

Yeah, Rangers won't trade the pick, thats pretty obvious. Im just curious to find out what a 2nd OA pick actually is worth (atleast this year).

Lets say Colorado won the 2nd pick and Nashville gave them the same offer. Colorado already got their star(s) and could really use the depth and quantity they get back in this trade. Do you do the trade if you're Colorado's GM and had the #2 pick?

No. This years 2nd gives you a cost controlled franchise player.

Neither Fabbro or Tolvanen are anything near that. It's highly unlikely you find that with either of those picks.

If you're going to consider something like that the player coming back has to be a proper high end, proven player.

Most mock drafts and listings have him going anywhere from 17-25th it seems. We may be right there

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yea, he could be there. My point is really that, if you want to target him, specifically,you'd have to assume he won't make it past Anaheim, so you should move up a few spots.

After probably those top 2 D, they could go in almost any order.

Eh I still go BPA... but I agree in the sense that I would rather that player be a center or wing.

With later 1st its very rarely a clear BPA. Its no problem finding a w/c without reaching with #20