• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way he's not better than Hughes. He's better right now as is and both are the same age and will both develop more. It's Kakko all day long, they just don't want to change their opinions because Hughes has been viewed as the number one for so long that it seems too late in the game to change, plus he's North American.

There's no way he's not better than Hughes. He's better right now as is and both are the same age and will both develop more. It's Kakko all day long, they just don't want to change their opinions because Hughes has been viewed as the number one for so long that it seems too late in the game to change, plus he's North American.

But you don't draft for "now" you draft for "later." Who is the better player down the road? Hard to know but it seems people think Hughes is the better all around player in the long run.

Right now? Yes. Kakko is head and shoulders above Hughes, literally. He's dynamic in every aspect of the game. I argued that if we get Hughes he should spend time in the minors before being thrust into the NHL roster. Where as Kakko would probably become a 1st or 2nd line player immediately.

I still think its Hughes. But if he slips to 2, great.

Theres a reason why all of Hughes' linemates have been/will be drafted in the top 15. And the #1 reason is their center. Best skater, best puck handler, best passer in the draft.

I don't agree, they're both the same age and both have the same time to continue developing. Kakko already has no weakness anywhere in his game and will only get better. Hughes is not as well rounded and will probably never be well rounded. He will never be big or physical or tough or as good in his own end. Kakko's offense is already just as good if not better. Hughes had great numers, he was playing children. Also people never seem to recognize that Hughes has a well below average shot. Kakko will be a puck possession monster and analytics darling like we've never seen. I felt Kakko was the superior player long before the lottery even took place and would take him at #1 without hesitation.

I still think its Hughes. But if he slips to 2, great.

Theres a reason why all of Hughes' linemates have been/will be drafted in the top 15. And the #1 reason is their center. Best skater, best puck handler, best passer in the draft.

Yup. The guy is electric and will excel in today's NHL.

Yup. The guy is electric and will excel in today's NHL.

He totally will

Probably needs to gain sone weight and some strength and I’d be a little concerned about him being in the middle of the ice for 20 minutes a night at his size.

But he’s undoubtedly a superb talent and a potential franchise player.

So, what you're saying is, you're going to get much less value out of Hughes.

What? How?

I?d take a potential Patrick Kane in the middle.

Or Kakko. I don?t care either way. But I think Hughes is more dynamic.. and a center. And I love speed.

I wanted Kakko since we got the #2 pick and will be bummed if we don’t get him. Was hoping Hughes would look better in the Worlds, but it is tough to judge given his limited ice time. Kakko looks like a top line guy from day one.

What? How?

I’d take a potential Patrick Kane in the middle.

Or Kakko. I don’t care either way. But I think Hughes is more dynamic.. and a center. And I love speed.

It's plausible that you'll get more production out of Kakko than Hughes in their ELC years.

Still can?t see Devils taking Kakko over Hughes

Lots of connections between them

Kid has been projected as the undisputed top pick in this draft for 3 years

Shero has connection to his family

Hughes is buddies with Hall and they work out together

Hynes is coaching him now at the World?s

Again they?d be stupid not to at least fully examine and discuss drafting Kakko. But in the end I think that would be just due diligence.

They?re taking Hughes

While anything is possible, I have no realistic doubts on them picking Hughes.

Is it possible that he is not getting much ice time because Hynes doesn't want him hurt?

I truly hope Kakko continues to dominate, because either we're getting that dominant player, or we're getting a franchise center like we've never drafted before that I was praying against all hope for three years now would end up a Ranger. We literally cannot lose here. Every day Kakko excels is better for us.
  • Like 1

Smith - Howden - Kakko

Insert progression speed bump here!! :rofl:

I knew you couldn't resist!!! LOL

I really can't see New Jersey passing on Hughes....they would look terrible if they pass on the highest touted player for 3 years, the guy goes to the hated Rangers, and then wins them a cup inside 5 years...

The Devils are building through the middle as well, and Hughes fits their build pretty well. He has connections with them, and his buddy Nico Hischier is already there picking out his linen!

It's plausible that you'll get more production out of Kakko than Hughes in their ELC years.

I bet that's pretty close to a toss up, but it will also really depend on linemates. If Hughes is playing with Taylor Hall but Kakko is playing with, like Howden and Vesey or some shit, that will make a lot of differnece.