• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They signed Shanahan, who took those PP & top 6 minutes. Then Drury and Gomez pushed him further down the depth chart, then Torts.

He last played for SKA, with Artemi Panarin, in 2012-13

It's funny, I watched every game throughout this period of time but to me it was like he just vanished. I was surprised to see he played for NYR for 4 seasons.

PS. That team with Shannahan, Drury, Gomez, and Jagr was a great team. To lose to Buffalo that fucking year still haunts me.

Prucha was a 8th round 22 year old rookie who got 47 pts.

I think that said more to being the 3rd piece of linemates averaging 100 pts. Plus the fact the PP?s handed out that season were crazy.

6 more years split between the rangers and coyotes somewhat proved it was an anomaly

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Prucha was a 8th round 22 year old rookie who got 47 pts.

I think that said more to being the 3rd piece of linemates averaging 100 pts. Plus the fact the PP’s handed out that season were crazy.

6 more years split between the rangers and coyotes somewhat proved it was an anomaly

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

First of all, how dare you.

It's funny, I watched every game throughout this period of time but to me it was like he just vanished. I was surprised to see he played for NYR for 4 seasons.

PS. That team with Shannahan, Drury, Gomez, and Jagr was a great team. To lose to Buffalo that fucking year still haunts me.

Should’ve beaten that Buffalo team. But that year Drury was actually on Buffalo still

They needed a defenseman that year

Will never understand that

I'll never understand why 6'6" Marek Malik didn't just pin the puck along the boards instead of clearing it to the front of his own net with seconds left on the clock. Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I have this image in my head of a Gretzky like pass from behind the net right on to Drury's stick.

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/draft-newjerseydevilscom-mock-draft/c-307888500

DRAFT: NewJerseyDevils.com Mock Draft

1. NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Stein - Jack Hughes, C, USA U-18: Considered the most talented player in the Entry Draft, play-making abilities are through the roof and his vision on the ice is unparalleled. Broke several USTDP and international records in 2018-19, it would be tough to pass on Hughes to fill a center role on the Devils roster. It has to be appealing to have Hischier and Hughes as your potential one-two punch.

Loughlin - Hughes: Came into this season as the number one name on everyone's list. Though Kappo Kaako may have narrowed the gap, Hughes was never in danger of being knocked out of the top spot. He and Nico Hischier will form a formidable one-two punch down the middle for years to come.

Wescott - Kaapo Kakko, RW, TPS (FIN): One of the more fun aspects of this draft is that there is a debate to be had. Kakko has made the first-overall pick a conversation and Ray Shero likes to keep his decision locked in a safe that he threw into the Hudson, only to be fished out after he walks to the podium in Vancouver. Kakko is a dynamic, scoring winger with great size and an ability to drive the net and work the corners. He possesses the puck extremely well in the offensive zone and has proven himself against men already. Both players are brilliant prospects with their own set of strengths and desirable characteristics. My gut is still leaning toward Jack Hughes, but I'll take a swing and say they grab the Finnish phenom.

Ciampa - Kakko: There's been a lot of talk about center vs. wing when it comes to Jack Hughes vs. Kaapo Kakko but the Finn can play center as well and when you look at Elias Pettersson and how well he's shown as a centerman, I believe that the Devils might take a look at Kakko down the middle.

I don't see any way in creation the Devils pass on Hughes. My gut tells me this kid brings everything to the table for them. Hughes is going to be the best, if not, one of the best play making centers in the game for the next 15 years. There's no way the Rangers could've had this fall any better for them.

He obviously made some history by scoring a really key goal to win the World Junior Championships. And overall ? and I?m not trying to overexaggerate ? that?s just the way he is: normal, at ease. You still have to remember he?s still a boy. See him and talk to him, he?s still a little kid. He?s just able to compete with a lot older people.?

The thing I take out of this quote is he?s still a kid. I want the garden to surround him, nurture him and watch him grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He?s best when the pressure is at the highest,? Salo said. ?That?s what we found out. We played against lower-end teams, and those are the times when he would struggle because there was no real tension or pressure. And then he would thrive in the games against the top teams and playoffs. I don?t see that changing under the NHL style.?

Tgtbt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk