Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    A younger Nash may be a better comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    thats what hit me watching the highlight real. Definitely strong on the skates, drives like a bull to the net. if he needs work on his shot i'd send him upto MSL's house this summer and have him live there.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Mite Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    By most accounts I’ve seen is that he has an accurate shot but all in all if he has a weakness it’s his shot. His release and power need improvement. He’s 18 and he’s not a finished product. His compete level is through the charts as is his hockey smarts. Like most young players he has work to be done defensively. Basically the things he needs to improve are all easily attainable.

This is the best 24 hours for rangers hockey maybe since 94. Myself Hughes is the better prospect if both meet their ceilings. Kakko is the safer bet though. Either way there is nothing but excitement with whomever they get.

Lastly this news only solidifies my option of avoiding the big contract this summer. I know others see it the other way. Everything is progressing nicely and the future is bright. Armed with cap space and an abundance of high end prospects the rangers should sign that top flight ufa when they are better informed to what their needs are. As of today if Kakko is their man the money should be spent at center and defense. Again as of today, a lot can change and most certainly it will. It never hurts to just add talent. But the cap is real. And hopefully three years from now we are resigning our franchise player who is 21 to a massive contract. And hopefully not at the cost of some of our other really good young players because we spent wildly this summer. Patience please. Maybe this is a sign that the rangers can build like other teams and not always be the aggressive big spenders.
    They can go either way. Panarin is not a necessity and he never has been, IMO. And it’s entirely possible he picks Florida, which I actually think is more likely, so it may be a non-issue.

If they do get him, it’s fine. And I don’t think signing him will initiate some return to spending big on FA’s. They’ve established a plan and philosophy and stuck to it so far, and I think they like where it’s going. Can’t see major departure from that.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I wonder who they trade the 2nd pick to
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I wonder who they trade the 2nd pick to

Reported.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Please Rangers....don't screw this up by trading down for more picks or focusing on any other player except Hughes or Kakko with the 2nd pick!!!!!!!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    By most accounts Iíve seen is that he has an accurate shot but all in all if he has a weakness itís his shot. His release and power need improvement. Heís 18 and heís not a finished product. His compete level is through the charts as is his hockey smarts. Like most young players he has work to be done defensively. Basically the things he needs to improve are all easily attainable.

This is the best 24 hours for rangers hockey maybe since 94. Myself Hughes is the better prospect if both meet their ceilings. Kakko is the safer bet though. Either way there is nothing but excitement with whomever they get.

Lastly this news only solidifies my option of avoiding the big contract this summer. I know others see it the other way. Everything is progressing nicely and the future is bright. Armed with cap space and an abundance of high end prospects the rangers should sign that top flight ufa when they are better informed to what their needs are. As of today if Kakko is their man the money should be spent at center and defense. Again as of today, a lot can change and most certainly it will. It never hurts to just add talent. But the cap is real. And hopefully three years from now we are resigning our franchise player who is 21 to a massive contract. And hopefully not at the cost of some of our other really good young players because we spent wildly this summer. Patience please. Maybe this is a sign that the rangers can build like other teams and not always be the aggressive big spenders.
    I'm on board with this Franny.

Especially, the Center and defense theory.

I really think the Rangers will get Kakko because NJ really needs Center help and quite honestly, how do they (NJ) even pass up on the guy EVERYONE'S been touting for the last 3 years or so?? Shero would be putting his ass on the line, and god forbid Hughes goes to the Rangers and becomes a superstar.

They'd shit themselves for years to come.

I believe you're right about rebuilding Hartford, and as much as I would LOVE to think we'll be right back in the mix next season, I still have to realize that these kids like Anderson, Chytil and Buchnevich, etc are still just kids, and they need to grow as well. That's going to take a couple of years, give or take.

If we can land Newhook with the Winnipeg pick, even if we have to trade up a few spots like we did for Miller, we'll be set.

Big fan of Newhook myself. He’s probably some years away but he’s a really good prospect. Also a big fan of Pelletier although I think he’s a wing.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Newhook is dropping, that would be a coup.

Be interesting to see how he looks at the U18's playing alongside all the CHL'ers. Ballsy prediction for 2020, he's gonna have a better freshman year at BC than Wahlstrom did...

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Think of all the kitty Wahlstrom prolly got, though.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Newhook would be awesome. There should be a few good options in the early 20s.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Be interesting to see how he looks at the U18's playing alongside all the CHL'ers. Ballsy prediction for 2020, he's gonna have a better freshman year at BC than Wahlstrom did...
    I'd probably have a better year than Wahlstrom at BC to be fair.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Imagine we get that extra first rounder or two. This draft alone could be the core of the Rangers for the next decade and a half.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pronman did a chat for the Athletic yesterday and was high on Philip Tomasino, listed as C/RW, 17, who had 34/38/72 in 67g in the OHL (Niagra) this year. Based on most of the ratings, he could be available in that range.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    I really think Goergiev will be packaged to move up for another top 10 pick.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    To who, though, Edmonton? I suppose DET and BUF could use upgrades in net, but at the expense of their own first for a player with just 43 NHL starts? I'm not buying it.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    To who, though, Edmonton? I suppose DET and BUF could use upgrades in net, but at the expense of their own first for a player with just 43 NHL starts? I'm not buying it.
    Yea I don't know about top 10, but since they're picking already picking 7th maybe Buffalo would be willing to part with San Jose's first rounder...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Why couldn't it be a combination of Georgiev and picks? WPG 1st should be in play.

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    #TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For once in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast