• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a no lose situation for the Rangers . While no one has thrown around the whole “generational talent” label, it’s clear that both players are franchise players one day in all likelihood. As stated previously many times on this forum, the pressure is on the Devils to make the choice essentially for the both themselves and for the Rangers. The Rangers simply get whichever of the two is left at 2.

There are 3 things I do think

1) Neither team is going off the board. It’s Hughes and Kakko going 1&2. Just depends on the order

2) Neither team is trading their pick

3) Regardless of anything, still almost impossible to see Devils passing on Hughes

It?s a no lose situation for the Rangers . While no one has thrown around the whole ?generational talent? label, it?s clear that both players are franchise players one day in all likelihood. As stated previously many times on this forum, the pressure is on the Devils to make the choice essentially for the both themselves and for the Rangers. The Rangers simply get whichever of the two is left at 2.

1) Neither team is going off the board. It?s Hughes and Kakko going 1&2. Just depends on the order

3) Regardless of anything, still almost impossible to see Devils passing on Hughes

It’s a no lose situation for the Rangers . While no one has thrown around the whole “generational talent” label, it’s clear that both players are franchise players one day in all likelihood. As stated previously many times on this forum, the pressure is on the Devils to make the choice essentially for the both themselves and for the Rangers. The Rangers simply get whichever of the two is left at 2.

1) Neither team is going off the board. It’s Hughes and Kakko going 1&2. Just depends on the order

Yep. Agree with all of this.

Is anyone else watching the USA vs Finland game?? After one period i think i saw Hughes only get one maybe two shifts. Whats the deal with that?

probably tired from playing 30 games in 40 days.

Kakko got about 18 minutes...Hughes only 7. Kakko looked strong on a few shifts. In OT he was able to hold the puck with Suter all over him for quite a while. Hughes birthday tomorrow which means he is not required to wear bird cage anymore. Hughes is a bit part on this team, while Kakko is out there in a lot of big spots.

Was a quiet game. Did not notice Fox much. Kreider’s line seemed like best one for US. Skjei had solid game.

Just read that Kakko has both type 1 diabetes and cieliac disease. Anyone else read that and have any idea if it’s a concern for his career

Bobby Clarke had the sugars. Didn’t hurt him

Except at the Garden during a game in 78 when my friends dad threw a box of Domino Sugar at him and hit him with it on the bench

The usher threw him out and then had drinks with him later

Max Domi has diabetes and he manages just fine.

And, as mentioned before, Celiac's is an annoyance that won't affect performance.

I wasn’t concerned with the celiacs. I was just surprised to to only hear of his diabetes now. Thought maybe it was just diagnosed and if it would effect anything. Mainly draft status.

Still can’t see Devils taking Kakko over Hughes

Lots of connections between them

Kid has been projected as the undisputed top pick in this draft for 3 years

Shero has connection to his family

Hughes is buddies with Hall and they work out together

Hynes is coaching him now at the World’s

Again they’d be stupid not to at least fully examine and discuss drafting Kakko. But in the end I think that would be just due diligence.

They’re taking Hughes

While anything is possible, I have no realistic doubts on them picking Hughes.

Still can’t see Devils taking Kakko over Hughes

Lots of connections between them

Kid has been projected as the undisputed top pick in this draft for 3 years

Shero has connection to his family

Hughes is buddies with Hall and they work out together

Hynes is coaching him now at the World’s

Again they’d be stupid not to at least fully examine and discuss drafting Kakko. But in the end I think that would be just due diligence.

They’re taking Hughes

While anything is possible, I have no realistic doubts on them picking Hughes.

I'm rolling with this as well....

Even Kenny D says the same:

Ken Daneyko: "I Expect the Devils to Pick Jack Hughes"