Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    A little touching base with Ray Shero here:

I caught that little ditty about having dinner with Jack Hughes last night at 2:17!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    A little touching base with Ray Shero here:

I caught that little ditty about having dinner with Jack Hughes last night at 2:17!

Taking that a little out of context, no? Lol. He sure is polished though...I have no idea who he's taking after listening to that but he certainly inspires confidence if you're a devils fan.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Pretty sure the rangers had dinner with him as well I wouldnít put too much stock into that

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Pretty sure the rangers had dinner with him as well I wouldn’t put too much stock into that

he'll go with anyone who'd pay. Peter, you have a chance

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Kotkaniemi talked abut his 9 steak dinners last season. Teams take players out to dinner pre-draft. Not a huge deal.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Kotkaniemi talked abut his 9 steak dinners last season. Teams take players out to dinner pre-draft. Not a huge deal.
    Hell, anyone takes me out to dinner and I'm theirs, baby!!!

The Rangers had me at HELLO!!!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    he'll go with anyone who'd pay. Peter, you have a chance
    Iím still waiting for my invite to rangers camp since Iím not draft eligable any longer

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Hell, anyone takes me out to dinner and I'm theirs, baby!!!

The Rangers had me at HELLO!!!
    The Rangers complete me

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Pronman just released his Mock Draft 1.0 Kakko at #2, then

20. New York Rangers: Philip Tomasino, C, Niagara-OHL
    The Rangers have had a lot of picks lately so the only true pressing “need” is a top-flight defense prospect, but none will be left at this stage. Tomasino is the best player available and would instantly provide a ton of speed and skill to their system. I think they would like Suzuki, as well.
    Don't know much about this guy, but a C with a ton of speed sounds all right.

https://theathletic.com/1012017/2019...019-nhl-draft/

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Pronman just released his Mock Draft 1.0 Kakko at #2, then

Don't know much about this guy, but a C with a ton of speed sounds all right.

https://theathletic.com/1012017/2019...019-nhl-draft/
    If by "no top flight left", he's referring to either York, Seider, or Soderstrom as "top flight" - we're trading up for it. No good reason to let it pass for the price to move up a few spots in the draft.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

https://www.rawcharge.com/2019/6/3/1...sili-podkolzon

#19 Philip Tomasino, Niagara (OHL)

C/RW - 6’0”, 181lbs

Extremely intelligent, great puckhandler, and a heavy release that he uses to score big goals, Tomasino is a smooth skater whose exceptional playmaking skills often go unnoticed. He has excellent hockey sense, breakaway speed and edgework, but also an underrated defensive awareness. He’ll need to add muscle in order to make the jump, but he has the foundation to become a successful NHL player.

NHL Comparable: Ondrej Palat
    Tomasino is too vanilla for me.

Sounds like Brett Howden.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    If by "no top flight left", he's referring to either York, Seider, or Soderstrom as "top flight" - we're trading up for it. No good reason to let it pass for the price to move up a few spots in the draft.
    You really think any of these guys are that much better than Miller/Lundkvist?

Theyve been nailing their picks in the 20s.

Sounds like Brett Howden.
    Extremely intelligent, great puckhandler, and a heavy release that he uses to score big goals, Tomasino is a smooth skater whose exceptional playmaking skills often go unnoticed. He has excellent hockey sense, breakaway speed and edgework, but also an underrated defensive awareness.
    None of that sounds like Brett Howden in all fairness.

You really think any of these guys are that much better than Miller/Lundkvist?

Theyve been nailing their picks in the 20s.
    Not sure, to be honest.

We've been doing well in the 20s over the last two drafts, but our overarching first round trend since '17 is strong European scouting over the last few years (Miller being the exception). I'd expect that trend to continue to play out here. I'd actually be kinda surprised if we ended up w/York, but if we're looking at Seider, Soderstrom, or an unexpectedly falling Broberg, I bet we pull the trigger and get the guy we want.

This could cut the other way too; I'm thinking we've seen a lot of Finnish hockey, and if we think Heinola, Honka, or Puistola is the guy we need, we could fall back a few picks too.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    None of that sounds like Brett Howden in all fairness.
    Aside from the "heavy release", this reads like "common center" to me. Let's just stick with Josh's characterization - feels kinda vanilla.
    Hidden Content

Ok. Having "exceptional playmaking skills", "excellent breakaway speed and edgework" on top of "a heavy release he uses to scores big goals" doesn't sound like phrases that are usually thrown around to describe dependable but unspectacular 3C's. It's certainly not what comes to mind if you were to describe Howden.

But, like I said, I've never seen Tomasino play so you could very well be right.

Aside from the "heavy release", this reads like "common center" to me. Let's just stick with Josh's characterization - feels kinda vanilla.
    Everyone keeps talking about Tomasino's speed... but I don't see it. He gets breakaways from cheating and capitalizing on turnovers (good hockey sense), but I dont see the blazing speed that's continually mentioned. If I saw it, I might think otherwise, and throw out a comparison to a "poor man's Toews/faster Callahan"

This first round is going to be incredibly interesting.

Moderator Squirt Division
    Having virtually no basis on which to evaluate the underlying skills of a hockey player, what I have been looking at is how prospects have risen or fallen in ratings over the course of their critical draft season. Tomasino has definitely been a riser, moving largely from the mid-20's to the mid-to-late teens. (The Draft Analyst had him at 133 for their mid-season rating and 29 in April.) The descriptions remind me a lot of Chytil, without the size. Fast, skilled center that has to bulk up for the next level.
    Last edited by RodrigueGabriel; 06-06-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast