• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheeler is nearly the only one who has him out of the top 5. (One other I can find has him at 11.) But I agree that you never know.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've never seen him play, so I have no idea if Wheeler's concern is legit or not.

But if it is, it's buyer beware. Very instinctive guys who lack an understanding of the team game and can't see the whole ice, and try to do it all themselves often have problems when they hit the big league.

As far as Dallas' pick goes that we got for Zuc, what's the best and worst it can be positioning wise? I know it will be higher if they win tonight.

If they win game 7 it will be somewhere between 29-31 (depending on if they win the cup/loses final/loses WCF). If they lose game 7 I think it will be somwhere between 56-58, but Im not sure. Will be a late 2nd atleast.

If they win game 7 it will be somewhere between 29-31 (depending on if they win the cup/loses final/loses WCF). If they lose game 7 I think it will be somwhere between 56-58, but Im not sure. Will be a late 2nd atleast.

OK, thanks. So, go Stars. lol So, if Dallas wins the Rangers will have three first round picks then? That's including the one they got from Winnipeg for Hayes. Even though they are lower picks, that's not too shabby.

OK, thanks. So, go Stars. lol So, if Dallas wins the Rangers will have three first round picks then? That's including the one they got from Winnipeg for Hayes. Even though they are lower picks, that's not too shabby.

Not shabby at all and we'd still have Tampas 2nd rounder. I'd hope Gorton would make a move by packaging the Winnipeg and Stars(hopefully 1st rounder) to get back into the top 10....

Not shabby at all and we'd still have Tampas 2nd rounder. I'd hope Gorton would make a move by packaging the Winnipeg and Stars(hopefully 1st rounder) to get back into the top 10....

Gorton has done a top notch job stockpiling as many picks as possible over the course of the next couple of drafts. For this year, with Hughes likely being picked first, and center being a need, the only guy I see available that highly is Turcotte or Krebs. I think Dylan Cozens could be just as good if not better than Hughes, but he will likely go to Chicago or the Avs with the fourth pick.

The pick actually cannot be #29. It's 28, 30, 31, or 49 (possibly 50, I think) depending on how Dallas does (and pending Colorado/SJ should Dallas lose tonight)

If Dallas were to advance, they face either Colorado (lower point total) or SJ (higher point total). Lose, and they slot in at either 28 or 29 - BUT both teams in the East have more points than Dallas, meaning the ECF loser will have more points than a Dallas team that loses the WCF. Thus, Dallas slots in at 28 if they lose the WCF no matter what happens out east.

Should Dallas win the WCF, it's either 30 or 31.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. #19 and #28 are not anywhere near as valuable as #10 (or higher). I don't see any team doing that.

The pick actually cannot be #29. It's 28, 30, 31, or 49 (possibly 50, I think) depending on how Dallas does (and pending Colorado/SJ should Dallas lose tonight)

If Dallas were to advance, they face either Colorado (lower point total) or SJ (higher point total). Lose, and they slot in at either 28 or 29 - BUT both teams in the East have more points than Dallas, meaning the ECF loser will have more points than a Dallas team that loses the WCF. Thus, Dallas slots in at 28 if they lose the WCF no matter what happens out east.

Should Dallas win the WCF, it's either 30 or 31.

Yeah had a feeling I got the second round wrong, but just cheched a mock draft and they had the Dallas pick at 58. All other rounds than the first the order is from the regular season only, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. #19 and #28 are not anywhere near as valuable as #10 (or higher). I don't see any team doing that.

It would have to be a pick and a player to get in the top 10 and the only player good enough and that we could trade for a pick is Kreids. #19 and kreids could get us into the top 10, but dont think that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Actually, looking at those draft value charts, 19 and 28 are fair value, (offering a slight premium in some of the charts) than the #10 pick

Actually, looking at those draft value charts, 19 and 28 are fair value, (offering a slight premium in some of the charts) than the #10 pick

Be that as it may, the guys in the 3-13 or so range are so highly rated that nobody’s trading that pick for two later picks.

Fucking Dallas.... That city and its teams can all suck it.

lol The better team won last night. But yeah, I hear you. How is next year's draft compared to this year's? If next year's is good, having two first round picks isn't that bad, although, they won't be particularly high.