• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm a fan of Vesey, but that's a high price to pay for 11 spots in the 2nd round.

I'd probably do 58 and Vesey for 32 or 33 though.

It would be worth doing if you could get a bargain like Lavoie or Kaliyev, but I suspect that people will wake up and they'll go right off the bat this morning.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It would be worth doing if you could get a bargain like Lavoie or Kaliyev, but I suspect that people will wake up and they'll go right off the bat this morning.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The closer we got to the draft, the less I liked Kaliyev. I don’t like his skating, or effort level... but you can’t deny that he’s a natural scorer. I’d like a chance at a few of the other guys before him. But I’d still use a second round pick on Arthur.

The closer we got to the draft, the less I liked Kaliyev. I don’t like his skating, or effort level... but you can’t deny that he’s a natural scorer. I’d like a chance at a few of the other guys before him. But I’d still use a second round pick on Arthur.

It was a very weird arc. He was steady a riser, getting to the early teens or better in many ratings - he ended up at #7 for NHL Central Scouting for NA after being at #11 in mid-season. Then he started to slip over the last couple weeks, turning into an outright plummet last night. Almost mirrors Nolan Foote in reverse.

It was a very weird arc. He was steady a riser, getting to the early teens or better in many ratings - he ended up at #7 for NHL Central Scouting for NA after being at #11 in mid-season. Then he started to slip over the last couple weeks, turning into an outright plummet last night.

I think his skating is average. His effort has been questioned, but his talent is high. I think now, especially this late, you grab him, send him back to jr's the next two years and then see what he turns into.

Weird thing about Kaliyev is that scouts really like to compare him to Brendl. They did on the broadcast last night and I've seen it in print twice. Knowing that I think even those who are interested might just be gambling that no one wants to touch him and they'll get him with better value. Also just a weird year for the OHL.