• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Names I like: Hughes/Kakko, Newhook, Hoglander, Poulin, Beecher, Foote, Pelletier, Mutala, Burzan, Nousiainen and Premysl Svoboda

Thoughts on Ryan Suzuki? I heard his name thrown around a few times as a creative center. I don't know his exact projection though.

Thoughts on Ryan Suzuki? I heard his name thrown around a few times as a creative center. I don't know his exact projection though.

I'm not incredibly high on him. He's very skillful, but a bit inconsistent and I worry about how the skill set will translate to the NHL. I can see his ceiling being 2C. Reminds me of Kadri, minus all the stuff that makes Kadri Kadri. He doesnt have that "je ne sais que" that sets him apart, or makes me think he's a must have. He'll probably go in the early 20s, though I can see a team really liking him and getting him a bit earlier. For picks in the 20s, I prefer players that have potential to be difference makers, and I might reach for a player that could boom/bust. For me, Suzuki is a typical "safe" pick in the 20s for a team that can let him develop for 2, 3 more seasons in OHL & AHL.

I don't think his brother has improved as much as he should the last few years, and that plays into, too. As unfair as that may be.

I'm not incredibly high on him. He's very skillful, but a bit inconsistent and I worry about how the skill set will translate to the NHL. I can see his ceiling being 2C. Reminds me of Kadri, minus all the stuff that makes Kadri Kadri. He doesnt have that "je ne sais que" that sets him apart, or makes me think he's a must have. He'll probably go in the early 20s, though I can see a team really liking him and getting him a bit earlier. For picks in the 20s, I prefer players that have potential to be difference makers, and I might reach for a player that could boom/bust. For me, Suzuki is a typical "safe" pick in the 20s for a team that can let him develop for 2, 3 more seasons in OHL & AHL.

you so sexyyyyyyy