• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

Pronman's done a ranking of the top prospects in the last 5 years heading into the draft. Kakko in 7th:

7. Kaapo Kakko, 2019 draft:

Kakko had a fantastic season in Finland between Liiga and the World Championship. Some scouts think his season was more impressive than Aleksander Barkov’s at the same age. Kakko’s right on track to step into the league next season and be a cornerstone player for an NHL club’s (New York Rangers) rebuild.

https://theathletic.com/1018189/2019/06/11/pronman-top-31-prospects-of-the-past-five-years-2019-edition/

Top 6:

1. McDavid

2. Laine

3. Matthews

4. Hughes

5. Eichel

6. Dahlin

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaapo Kakko

NHL player comparable: Peter Forsberg

The breakdown: “When you watch him play at whatever level, he uses his body and his power. The way he comes out of corners, the way he attacks the net – there’s a lot of similarities with the way he plays and the way Peter Forsberg plays.”

https://theathletic.com/1020334/2019/06/11/comparable-nhl-players-for-the-top-prospects-in-the-2019-nhl-draft/

I'd take that every day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Pronman's done a ranking of the top prospects in the last 5 years heading into the draft. Kakko in 7th:

https://theathletic.com/1018189/2019/06/11/pronman-top-31-prospects-of-the-past-five-years-2019-edition/

Top 6:

1. McDavid

2. Laine

3. Matthews

4. Hughes

5. Eichel

6. Dahlin

Good list.

I think I?d swap Laine and Matthews though.

1- Mcdavid

2- Matthews

3- Laine

4- Hughes

5- Eichel

6- Dahlin

Anybody have the full list ?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I assumed he was talking about the prospect/hype prior to their respective draft. (Yes, its the 2nd paragraph. "ignoring what has transpired since [the player was drafted]")

In such case, I might put Hughes #2. Heard more about him, from a younger age, than Matthews.

1. McDavid

2. Hughes

3. Matthews

4. Eichel

5. Laine

6. Dahlin

I assumed he was talking about the prospect/hype prior to their respective draft. (Yes, its the 2nd paragraph. "ignoring what has transpired since [the player was drafted]")

In such case, I might put Hughes #2. Heard more about him, from a younger age, than Matthews.

1. McDavid

2. Hughes

3. Matthews

4. Eichel

5. Laine

6. Dahlin

In that case, I?d agree with your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

now to me that seems like overpayment

Maybe a little.

But it’s pricey to move up in 1st round more than 2-3 spots.

They’d be moving up 9 spots, nearly a third of the round, in the 1st round, and they’d be only 1 pick below the top-10. Its costly to do that.

If they like someone up there a lot, and they aren’t going to pay Kreider, fuck it. Pull the trigger