• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

They are not allowed to discuss a contract extension with Kreider until July 1. It is highly unlikely that they will trade him before discussing a new contract, and it is even less likely that anyone would trade for him before there have been talks and it is known what he is looking for.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not allowed to discuss a contract extension with Kreider until July 1. It is highly unlikely that they will trade him before discussing a new contract, and it is even less likely that anyone would trade for him before there have been talks and it is known what he is looking for.

True

But they did talk earlier and they know some of the market so there’s at least something to go off of

Edmonton- 8th

Vancouver- 10th

Flyers- 11th

I wonder if any of those teams are interested in Kreider.

Lucic has two years left on that albatross of a contract? We could absorb that.

Kreider + 2nd round pick for

Lucic + 8th overall

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Also Florida at 13 and Colorado at 16

Sign and trade...

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No taking on bad contracts with multiple years left

I wouldn’t bank on any hypothetical “if he signs an extension” proposal. Free agency is all the rage these days. Guys aren’t going to sign an extension with fucking Winnipeg or Ottawa without playing a game with them.

I don’t anticipate a straight Kreider for pick trade. I’d expect any trade of Kreider to resemble the Brassard-Zibanejad deal. I was thinking Kreider for Jost+16. But Colorado seems to be targeting Knight, and will want a mid/late round first going back. I’ve been hoping for Kreider for FLA 1st + Heponiemi.

I wouldn’t bank on any hypothetical “if he signs an extension” proposal. Free agency is all the rage these days. Guys aren’t going to sign an extension with fucking Winnipeg or Ottawa without playing a game with them.

I don’t anticipate a straight Kreider for pick trade. I’d expect any trade of Kreider to resemble the Brassard-Zibanejad deal. I was thinking Kreider for Jost+16. But Colorado seems to be targeting Knight, and will want a mid/late round first going back. I’ve been hoping for Kreider for FLA 1st + Heponiemi.

I agree

But no one is talking about Ottawa or Winnipeg

I’m more desirable destinations than the frozen north.

I wouldn?t bank on any hypothetical ?if he signs an extension? proposal. Free agency is all the rage these days. Guys aren?t going to sign an extension with fucking Winnipeg or Ottawa without playing a game with them.

I don?t anticipate a straight Kreider for pick trade. I?d expect any trade of Kreider to resemble the Brassard-Zibanejad deal. I was thinking Kreider for Jost+16. But Colorado seems to be targeting Knight, and will want a mid/late round first going back. I?ve been hoping for Kreider for FLA 1st + Heponiemi.

That seems like an over payment for Florida. Maaaybe in a sign & trade scenario.

I don’t anticipate a straight Kreider for pick trade. I’d expect any trade of Kreider to resemble the Brassard-Zibanejad deal.

Correct. Picks are more the thing at the deadline, when you have a better idea of what the pick will be. Imagine giving up something big for the Islanders' pick last summer and what you would have ended up getting. Trading Kreider if they can't sign him would be quite complicated for a number of reasons. He might end up still on the roster without an extension even if that isn't what either side wants.

I still think he gets extended or moved this summer. It may wait till after the draft when extension talks can begin anew. But I don?t think they want to deal with all the chatter like they have the last 2 seasons as they have approached the deadline.

Am I mistaken, or has it been out there in a couple of outlets that he?s not likely to be in camp without a new contract in place?

NO evidence, just Brooks spewing

This is an either/or that will be settled reasonably early. There is not even the slightest chance Kreider will be back for training camp without an extension.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/18/kreider-reveals-reason-he-has-been-so-invisible-for-the-rangers/

The either/or situation is, are they going to be a playoff team and use Kreider as their own rental, or do they trade him.

If he wants to sit out while under contract, fuck him, let him sit at home for a few months without a paycheck and no hockey.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/18/kreider-reveals-reason-he-has-been-so-invisible-for-the-rangers/

The either/or situation is, are they going to be a playoff team and use Kreider as their own rental, or do they trade him.

If he wants to sit out while under contract, fuck him, let him sit at home for a few months without a paycheck and no hockey.

Exactly, Josh man!!

A new era is about to begin! :thumbs:

is there any definitive talk of teams willing to drop to 20, or is this just board talk wishful thinking?

They had the GM meetings, so a lot was discussed. Some word from GMs, some from beat writers, some rumors.

Vancouver, Philly and Florida have said they are willing to trade their pick.

Oilers, Wild, Stars have mentioned potentially trading their first rounder.

Lots of rumors around Calgary, Nashville, Vegas, moving their pick.

Assumed a team like Colorado might move back with their second pick to get Knight.

What is he even talking about? Nobody sits out while under contract.

even if their ultimate decision is to trade Kreider, I still think they hold on to him until the trade deadline. it is still unknown what the team will look like come October and if our top prospects are good enough to make the team. Kravtsov, Hughes could all be sent to Hartford to start the season

that is a fucked up thing to say, Brooks

even if their ultimate decision is to trade Kreider, I still think they hold on to him until the trade deadline. it is still unknown what the team will look like come October and if our top prospects are good enough to make the team. Kravtsov, Hughes could all be sent to Hartford to start the season

I would assume they would just replace Kreider with other talent using the saved cap space (via FA) or directly in the trade itself, rather than trade Kreider for picks and unknowns and not leveraging the available cap space. Keeping him to trade at the deadline would be a pretty large mistake. Honestly, that strategy almost cost them with Zuccarello when he was horrible to start the year then got hurt. Lucky for the Rangers he came back and was very strong for a month or two before the deadline. Given Kreider's propensity to be very streaky, I don't really trust his value being higher than it is right now.

I would assume they would just replace Kreider with other talent using the saved cap space (via FA) or directly in the trade itself, rather than trade Kreider for picks and unknowns and not leveraging the available cap space. Keeping him to trade at the deadline would be a pretty large mistake. Honestly, that strategy almost cost them with Zuccarello when he was horrible to start the year then got hurt. Lucky for the Rangers he came back and was very strong for a month or two before the deadline. Given Kreider's propensity to be very streaky, I don't really trust his value being higher than it is right now.

Is there any data showing that players are more likely to return more/better assets via trade at the beginning of a season vs the trade deadline?

Skinner, Karlsson, Pax, ROR, Duchene vs Hayes, Nash, Grabner, Dzingel, Duchene

Is there any data showing that players are more likely to return more/better assets via trade at the beginning of a season vs the trade deadline?

Skinner, Karlsson, Pax, ROR, Duchene vs Hayes, Nash, Grabner, Dzingel, Duchene

I meant more from a standpoint of Kreider getting injured or playing his value down with a bad couple months or something. If all else stays the same between now and the deadline? Yeah, I really don't know which would bring back more.