• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

If Podkolzin is there at #20 (which I very much doubt he'll be) I think you simply have to pull the trigger.

Too much upside there to pass on. Exactly the type of swing for the fences pick that makes sense at that point.

I think the drop in ratings is more to do with contract and availability than anything else.

Agreed. Kakko and Podkolzin would be an absolute coup. Rangers have a great track record with bringing over russian players. I wouldn't be nervous about it at all.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Kakko and Podkolzin would be an absolute coup. Rangers have a great track record with bringing over russian players. I wouldn't be nervous about it at all.

And since he's probably not coming for a couple of years, it helps stagger the entry-level deals a bit.

Assuming they stay with the #20 pick, these are my four picks if they're avail.

1. Kaliyev

2. Lavoie

3. Seider

4. Harley

All are 6'3" or 6'4" and most are not done growing. Rangers need some big kids, IMO.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes....I agree 100%, Brown!! Looks like by the way the Blues are playing, smash-mouth hockey still has a place in the NHL. ....at least in the playoffs ;)

I know, Future!!! Here we go again!! LOL

How long before we sign Marty McSorely to protect Kakko?? :rofl:

For #20 and 2nd rd pick.

1. Newhook (0.3% chance he's available at 20. But at 16 (COL - Knight) or 18 (DAL - Russian FWD), might be able to move up a few spots)

2. Lavoie

3. Hoglander (rising)

4. Dorofeyev

Poulin

Foote

Beecher

Kaliyev (dropping)

Mutala

This is really true. Four Ruskies on '94 team when no previous cup team had even one. People forget how controversial it was, like when Neil Smith's announcement of Kovy as first ever Rusky in First Round was met with a storm or boos in the auditorium. It's great to establish the team as a good place for Ruskies that transcends changes in management over the years. This is also one reason I want to sign Kreider and perhaps give him the C.

Assuming they stay with the #20 pick, these are my four picks if they're avail.

1. Kaliyev

2. Lavoie

3. Seider

4. Harley

All are 6'3" or 6'4" and most are not done growing. Rangers need some big kids, IMO.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I really don’t think Kaliyev and Seider will be there. The other two probably are. Wouldn’t mind Harley.

I caught the NHL Tonight interview with Kaliyev last, fuck me he’s a strange one.

I really don?t think Kaliyev and Seider will be there. The other two probably are. Wouldn?t mind Harley.

I caught the NHL Tonight interview with Kaliyev last, fuck me he?s a strange one.

I was wrong on him, he's listed 6'2". According to my wife, an inch makes all the difference.

For #20 and 2nd rd pick.

1. Newhook (0.3% chance he's available at 20. But at 16 (COL - Knight) or 18 (DAL - Russian FWD), might be able to move up a few spots)

2. Lavoie

3. Hoglander (rising)

4. Dorofeyev

Poulin

Foote

Beecher

Kaliyev (dropping)

Mutala

I'd love for Newhook to drop, but we'll see. Lots of mocks have Tomasino at #20, and a couple with Cam York falling to 20. I got Kaliyev at #13 or #14....but it's just these guys' best guess.

My Pick at 20 has been Seider, and I'll be really glad to see a 6' 4" defensive defenseman that can also skate like him with that skill set. Hopefully the guy just keeps getting better!

In the absence of them moving up from 20 to grab someone they really like, they just need to grab BPA, unless it?s a goalie, and let the chips fall as they may on whom ever they select there.

I still think that there are teams in the 10-18 range that are absolutely willing to do business on their pick. Particularly Florida at 13 and Colorado at 16. Possibly even Vancouver at 10. Canucks are rumored to be open for business and in on or open to just about anything save a few of their young core players. If the Rangers really like someone that will be available at 10, and their willing to part with an asset or two that could help Vancouver now, they could absolutely get that pick from them at a fairly reasonable price.

Canucks also have $31 million in cap space I believe. They can totally add payroll and improve via both trades and free agency. And it?s lookig like they feel now is the time to start spending again to accelerate their rebuild. That is not a great division. It?s wide open and there?s a couple teams out there that are really on a backslide and at least one more that likely will decline. Prime time for them to really move and improve. They still have big holes. But they have means and opportunities to fill them this summer.

True, but you start with a low offer and see what they counter with.

I rather have the #20 pick and Kreider than the #10 pick.

That would be a deal that makes a lot of sense for Vancouver, if they feel good about their chances of extending him.