• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

If they trade up I think it will be for edmonton’s 1st. A late 1st (either tampa’s if they win, or jets’) + kreider. Draft kakko and a center with oilers’ pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Does a late first and a year of Kreider get it done for Edmonton’s pick at 8?

Also, Krieder has limited no trade. Would he agree to Edmonton?

If I’m Edmonton I’d want more for a top 10 then that.

7th overall and DeAngelo in a so so draft 2 years ago cost them Step and Raanta, with Step on a long-term deal and Raanta coming cheap.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a team trade a late first for Georgiev when they can just draft knight with that pick?

If it’s a team looking for goalie help now, they’d be more likely to trade for one that’s established.

Nothing takes longer to develop than a goalie. It’s generally 3-5 seasons post their draft year. If it’s a highly touted elite guy like Carey Price or Hart, you’re usually still looking at 2-3.

Hank took 5.

Brodeur took 4.

Hasek took like 8.

For the same reason we can't bank on Shestyorkin?

And if that’s your reasoning why are you trading Georgiev? Another ridiculous argument here. Obviously those who want to trade him don’t believe he’s any good. Yet they want to package him with pionk and presto there is some retarded gm that is going to give you a first for that trash. The premise of the entire conversation is ludicrous. Some team should be convinced by 40 games that he’s the real deal yet those who want to trade him aren’t at all convinced of anything. If you actually think he’s good why the hell would you trade him? Shestyorkin is unproven, you’re right, just like knight, yet the rangers should trade away Georgiev and rely on an unproven goalie. Yet you’re reasoning to why another team would make the deal is so not to rely on an unproven goalie? Do you see the hypocrisy in your points.

Just come out and say it? You don’t think Georgiev is any good yet maybe some idiot will fall for his last two months and trade us a nice piece.

And if that’s your reasoning why are you trading Georgiev? Another ridiculous argument here. Obviously those who want to trade him don’t believe he’s any good. Yet they want to package him with pionk and presto there is some retarded gm that is going to give you a first for that trash. The premise of the entire conversation is ludicrous. Some team should be convinced by 40 games that he’s the real deal yet those who want to trade him aren’t at all convinced of anything. If you actually think he’s good why the hell would you trade him? Shestyorkin is unproven, you’re right, just like knight, yet the rangers should trade away Georgiev and rely on an unproven goalie. Yet you’re reasoning to why another team would make the deal is so not to rely on an unproven goalie? Do you see the hypocrisy in your points.

Just come out and say it? You don’t think Georgiev is any good yet maybe some idiot will fall for his last two months and trade us a nice piece.

I agree. I’m spitballing. Not advocating trading him. Georgiev thus far looks like a player.

Not sure where this came from exactly.

With Shestyorkin it isn’t quite the same as with drafting a kid out of Juniors or College that’s 18-21

He’s 23 and has been playing against grown men in a very good professional league for the last 3+ years.

Wow you got all of that out of one question?

Georgiev showed some promise and put together some good games especially to finish up the year. I think he is a fine backup with potential to be a starter, but we have Lundqvist for 2 more seasons and we need to see what we have with Shestyorkin as well. Personally, I am fine with holding onto Georgiev and putting him in the A while we get a look at Shestyorkin, but if there is a market for Georgiev from teams who need a goalie then it would be pretty silly not to entertain potential deals. Let's not act like trading Georgiev and the WPG 1st to move up 10 spots is an outlandish idea. What is outlandish is asking what the point is of trading for a 23 year old goalie with some positive NHL experience instead of drafting a 17 year old kid who hasn't played a single game at a professional level and won't be ready until 2024.

Does getting this pick make anyone feel better about Lias? It kind of does for me. I mean I still have hope for him and like him as a player but we don't know if he'll be worth a 7th overall. This takes those expectations away a bit and I feel much more ok about it when I see him slotted on the 3rd line. We wouldn't have a place for him in the top 6 now anyway. But that's not even my real point.

The Rangers real target in that draft was Pettersson. I remember they wanted to trade up for him but chose not to and they were hoping he would get past Vancouver. I kind of always regretted not pulling the trigger there and wished we could go back and fix it. I can't really have those regrets anymore. Pettersson would have been fantastic but if we have him we probably win more this season and don't win the lottery.

We would have had to trade up to get him, so Kakko + Andersson is greater then having Pettersson and losing the assets it would have taken to get him, probably Chytl and other picks prospects alone not getting Kakko and getting some normal 1st round prospect out of this draft. If we hadn't won the lottery I'd still be regretting the Andersson draft forever, but now I can't regret it anymore.

Nothing picked after Andersson is further along than he is and none of it really looks all that great. I'm suddenly ok with Lias and just hope he develops into a core player and leader. I no longer care if he develops big offense or top 6 skills, that would just be a cherry on top. Let him do his thing and fit how he fits.

That’s nuts. Pererson looks to be a franchise player already. Neither Kakko nor Hughes played a game yet and could be NHL busts for all we know.

That's a matter of opinion though. If you aren't sold on Kakko I can see having that opinion. I'm pretty confident he'll surpass or be on par Pettersson as an impact player. Similar offense with a more complete game.

I thought the rangers wanted makar.

No I think it came out after the pick that the Rangers had Pettersson rated as the best player in the draft ahead of even Patrick and Hischier and wanted to get him. Shows how good our scouting has really been though. Nailed Chityl, seemingly nailed Kravtsov, Miller and Lundkvist. Maybe there is hope for Andersson if the same scouts liked him so much.

Does getting this pick make anyone feel better about Lias? It kind of does for me. I mean I still have hope for him and like him as a player but we don't know if he'll be worth a 7th overall. This takes those expectations away a bit and I feel much more ok about it when I see him slotted on the 3rd line. We wouldn't have a place for him in the top 6 now anyway. But that's not even my real point.

The Rangers real target in that draft was Pettersson. I remember they wanted to trade up for him but chose not to and they were hoping he would get past Vancouver. I kind of always regretted not pulling the trigger there and wished we could go back and fix it. I can't really have those regrets anymore. Pettersson would have been fantastic but if we have him we probably win more this season and don't win the lottery.

We would have had to trade up to get him, so Kakko + Andersson is greater then having Pettersson and losing the assets it would have taken to get him, probably Chytl and other picks prospects alone not getting Kakko and getting some normal 1st round prospect out of this draft. If we hadn't won the lottery I'd still be regretting the Andersson draft forever, but now I can't regret it anymore.

Nothing picked after Andersson is further along than he is and none of it really looks all that great. I'm suddenly ok with Lias and just hope he develops into a core player and leader. I no longer care if he develops big offense or top 6 skills, that would just be a cherry on top. Let him do his thing and fit how he fits.

Glad you’re saying this. I hope more people feel this way. There’s nothing I’ve seen with either Lias or Chytil to where it looks like they made a mistake

Everyone needs to just relax on Lias. He doesn’t turn 21 till October and he’s played less than 50 NHL games, on bad teams with limited ice time And his offensive ceiling isn’t huge either. From the outset, his development track is that of a good to very good 2-way center, which he can absolutely reach. He’s shown flashes, and his work ethic is above reproach. Just be patient and see where we are when he’s at 200 games.

Same goes for Chytil, who is a full year younger and who everyone said had high end potential but would need quite a while to grow and learn to realize it, as he was the youngest player in his draft class. Had he come out in 18 instead of 17, he may well have been a top-10 pick.

My point is, neither of these guys were touted as immediate or even early impact guys.

From the beginning, it was made clear they’d both need time to develop. Both still very early on in that process

We won’t know for sure on either of them for a while. Possibly the latter stages of 2021, or early 2022.

Let them play, fail, and learn. Let the talent around them improve and do the same.

Be patient

No I think it came out after the pick that the Rangers had Pettersson rated as the best player in the draft ahead of even Patrick and Hischier and wanted to get him. Shows how good our scouting has really been though. Nailed Chityl, seemingly nailed Kravtsov, Miller and Lundkvist. Maybe there is hope for Andersson if the same scouts liked him so much.

No dude. Gordie Clark missed on McIlrath 9 years ago. He’s a horrible scout that and can’t be trusted to do anything other than fuck it all up.

No dude. Gordie Clark missed on McIlrath 9 years ago. He’s a horrible scout that and can’t be trusted to do anything other than fuck it all up.

Lol yeah I read and hear that way too much. Nobody is perfect, but for the most part, the guy has been fantastic. Our prospect pool is stacked and most have come from our draft picks, mid and round round steals included.

Lol yeah I read and hear that way too much. Nobody is perfect, but for the most part, the guy has been fantastic. Our prospect pool is stacked and most have come from our draft picks, mid and round round steals included.

Here's the list of NHL defensemen drafted by Gordie Clark since his first year in charge (05-06):

Michael Del Zotto

Brady Skjei

He's not good because he can draft a million third and fourth liners.

Here's the list of NHL defensemen drafted by Gordie Clark since his first year in charge (05-06):

Michael Del Zotto

Brady Skjei

You're forgetting powerhouse Ryan Graves.

Michael Del Zotto

Brady Skjei

Alright well since you're cherry picking, I'll list his players that played a major role for the Rangers:

Artem Anisimov, Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider, Jesper Fast, J. T. Miller, Pavel Buchnevich, Del Zotto, Skjei (none of which are 4th liners)

Between, 2006 and 2017 the Rangers had 6 first round picks, one of which died. Out of the other five, only one was above spot 19.

He's also drafted: Lias Andersson, Filip Chytil, Morgan Barron, Vitali Kravtsov, K'Andre Miller, Nils Lundkvist, Igor Shestyorkin, Tarmo Reunanen, and Joey Keane -- all players who show incredible promise.

Yes, he missed on McIlrath. But that was NINE years ago. One fuck up does not make you bad at your job.

Not to mention, every armchair scout on this board wanted Wahlstrom last year while Kravstov was just ranked the best NHL prospect a few months ago.

• Like 2

I think Gordie is getting old and maybe it’s time for some new blood there.

But every scout/GM/personnel guy has their misses.

Yzerman and the guys in Tampa nailed picks like Vasilevsky, Kucherov, Point, etc. But they also picked Slater Koekoek and Brett Conolly at 10th and 6th overall respectively.

Alright well since you're cherry picking, I'll list his players that played a major role for the Rangers:

Artem Anisimov, Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider, Jesper Fast, J. T. Miller, Pavel Buchnevich, Del Zotto, Skjei (none of which are 4th liners)

Between, 2006 and 2017 the Rangers had 6 first round picks, one of which died. Out of the other five, only one was above spot 19.

He's also drafted: Lias Andersson, Filip Chytil, Morgan Barron, Vitali Kravtsov, K'Andre Miller, Nils Lundkvist, Igor Shestyorkin, Tarmo Reunanen, and Joey Keane -- all players who show incredible promise.

Yes, he missed on McIlrath. But that was NINE years ago. One fuck up does not make you bad at your job.

Not to mention, every armchair scout on this board wanted Wahlstrom last year while Kravstov was just ranked the best NHL prospect a few months ago.

I wanted Dobson or Bouchard but still Kravtsov looks good. Still time will tell.