Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post

I don’t anticipate a straight Kreider for pick trade. I’d expect any trade of Kreider to resemble the Brassard-Zibanejad deal.
    Correct. Picks are more the thing at the deadline, when you have a better idea of what the pick will be. Imagine giving up something big for the Islanders' pick last summer and what you would have ended up getting. Trading Kreider if they can't sign him would be quite complicated for a number of reasons. He might end up still on the roster without an extension even if that isn't what either side wants.

Senior Member Squirt Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    I still think he gets extended or moved this summer. It may wait till after the draft when extension talks can begin anew. But I donít think they want to deal with all the chatter like they have the last 2 seasons as they have approached the deadline.

Am I mistaken, or has it been out there in a couple of outlets that heís not likely to be in camp without a new contract in place?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    NO evidence, just Brooks spewing
    This is an either/or that will be settled reasonably early. There is not even the slightest chance Kreider will be back for training camp without an extension.
    https://nypost.com/2019/03/18/kreide...r-the-rangers/

The either/or situation is, are they going to be a playoff team and use Kreider as their own rental, or do they trade him.

If he wants to sit out while under contract, fuck him, let him sit at home for a few months without a paycheck and no hockey.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division

The either/or situation is, are they going to be a playoff team and use Kreider as their own rental, or do they trade him.

If he wants to sit out while under contract, fuck him, let him sit at home for a few months without a paycheck and no hockey.
    Exactly, Josh man!!

A new era is about to begin!

Senior Member Midget Division
    is there any definitive talk of teams willing to drop to 20, or is this just board talk wishful thinking?
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    is there any definitive talk of teams willing to drop to 20, or is this just board talk wishful thinking?
    They had the GM meetings, so a lot was discussed. Some word from GMs, some from beat writers, some rumors.

Vancouver, Philly and Florida have said they are willing to trade their pick.
    Oilers, Wild, Stars have mentioned potentially trading their first rounder.
    Lots of rumors around Calgary, Nashville, Vegas, moving their pick.
    Assumed a team like Colorado might move back with their second pick to get Knight.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

What is he even talking about? Nobody sits out while under contract.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    What is he even talking about? Nobody sits out while under contract.
    True

Until somebody does

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    10 days to Kakko!!!!

Banned Midget Division
    even if their ultimate decision is to trade Kreider, I still think they hold on to him until the trade deadline. it is still unknown what the team will look like come October and if our top prospects are good enough to make the team. Kravtsov, Hughes could all be sent to Hartford to start the season

Banned Midget Division

that is a fucked up thing to say, Brooks

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    that is a fucked up thing to say, Brooks
    brooks is a fucked up guy

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    even if their ultimate decision is to trade Kreider, I still think they hold on to him until the trade deadline. it is still unknown what the team will look like come October and if our top prospects are good enough to make the team. Kravtsov, Hughes could all be sent to Hartford to start the season
    I would assume they would just replace Kreider with other talent using the saved cap space (via FA) or directly in the trade itself, rather than trade Kreider for picks and unknowns and not leveraging the available cap space. Keeping him to trade at the deadline would be a pretty large mistake. Honestly, that strategy almost cost them with Zuccarello when he was horrible to start the year then got hurt. Lucky for the Rangers he came back and was very strong for a month or two before the deadline. Given Kreider's propensity to be very streaky, I don't really trust his value being higher than it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I would assume they would just replace Kreider with other talent using the saved cap space (via FA) or directly in the trade itself, rather than trade Kreider for picks and unknowns and not leveraging the available cap space. Keeping him to trade at the deadline would be a pretty large mistake. Honestly, that strategy almost cost them with Zuccarello when he was horrible to start the year then got hurt. Lucky for the Rangers he came back and was very strong for a month or two before the deadline. Given Kreider's propensity to be very streaky, I don't really trust his value being higher than it is right now.
    Is there any data showing that players are more likely to return more/better assets via trade at the beginning of a season vs the trade deadline?
    Skinner, Karlsson, Pax, ROR, Duchene vs Hayes, Nash, Grabner, Dzingel, Duchene

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Is there any data showing that players are more likely to return more/better assets via trade at the beginning of a season vs the trade deadline?
    Skinner, Karlsson, Pax, ROR, Duchene vs Hayes, Nash, Grabner, Dzingel, Duchene
    I meant more from a standpoint of Kreider getting injured or playing his value down with a bad couple months or something. If all else stays the same between now and the deadline? Yeah, I really don't know which would bring back more.

My thought is you wait and he might sign for less, something affordable. Or another prospect emerges by February 2020 to target at the deadline.
    I mean, if the top 6 wings are Buch, KK, Kravtsov and Strome, well, wtf anyway. But then you should be targeting 2020 draft picks.

Do we even know if they really want to extend him and meet his price, which is likely 6 seasons and north of $6.5 million per, starting in 20-21?
    Is is smart to give Kreider in the $40 million neighborhood (or perhaps more) and do so for 6 seasons running through the 25-26 season at which time he will be 35?

I think the organization is really on the fence. Not so much about the player but the commitment of term and dollars. I firmly believe that if they were all about it they’d have done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Do we even know if they really want to extend him and meet his price, which is likely 6 seasons and north of $6.5 million per, starting in 20-21?
    Is is smart to give Kreider in the $40 million neighborhood (or perhaps more) and do so for 6 seasons running through the 25-26 season at which time he will be 35?

I think the organization is really on the fence. Not so much about the player but the commitment of term and dollars. I firmly believe that if they were all about it they’d have done so already.
    Can't until July 1.

Tweet from capfriendly with some important dates.
    https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...02862878875648

Can't until July 1.
    I know

I mean previously

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast