• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

I understand the excitement for Kakko, but yeah.

It almost seems like Hughes is underrated. And I want to avoid praising the future Devil, but holy shit if the Rangers ended up with him. Look at where his linemates have been drafted the last 2 season - and its because of Hughes.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It almost seems like Hughes is underrated. And I want to avoid praising the future Devil, but holy shit if the Rangers ended up with him. Look at where his linemates have been drafted the last 2 season - and its because of Hughes.

The narrative would be around his elite skating and passing, and how his style of play fits the best in today's NHL.

Other than passing on Hughes or Kakko, is there anything from the Rangers that would genuinely shock anyone at the draft tomorrow night?

For me it would be getting back into the top 5, maybe with some package like Kreider/Lundkvist/2020 1st.

Yea I?d say getting another first round pick in general.

I fully expect a trade by the rangers at some point during the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Pretty solid points here, especially about him elevating his linemates.

I?m ecstatic about Kakko, but would be just a slight but more for Hughes.

Yea I’d say getting another first round pick in general.

Another first would be huge. Not a necessity but given that there are several teams, starting with Edmonton at #8, that are in the market for immediate help, it would be a big surprise if Gorton did make at least a fairly heavy pursuit of adding another. Just a question of the price.

heard cohen on nhl radio coming up here who said the dev's flew to helsinki to see kakko but said it was pretty much a free trip and just due diligence.

Also stated they are trying to keep Hall happy and that Hall has a relationship with Hughes already. Brodeur was on in the 9 hour and obviously wouldn't divulge.

Yea I’d say getting another first round pick in general.

I'm thinking you're right, Nashty! I can totally see them doing something at the draft...especially since they've been fairly quiet other than the Trouba heist.

Gorton's on a roll, and when you're hot, you're hot!!

If I have to toss out a prediction, I would take a guess the Rangers try to go top 4 to see if they can pick off Alex Turcotte...

I'm figuring:

Hughes

Kakko

Byram

Turcotte at #4

If Colorado passes on Turcotte and takes Dach, we'd have to make LA a good deal at #5. They're in shits-ville right now and can use some help badly.

But a young stud Center fits the bill for us immensely. Good christ, could you imagine the Rangers getting both Kakko and Turcotte in this draft!!! I'd shit my pants on the spot!

But yeah!!! Today's the day baby!!!!

It's just really nice to see something finally goes the Rangers way when it comes to the draft and the lottery. I was salty for the longest time back in 2004 when the Rangers were dreadful and got totally screwed out of a top pick. It was all too convenient for the Penguins to wind up with Crosby.

It's just really nice to see something finally goes the Rangers way when it comes to the draft and the lottery. I was salty for the longest time back in 2004 when the Rangers were dreadful and got totally screwed out of a top pick. It was all too convenient for the Penguins to wind up with Crosby.

don't jinx it