Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Georgiev has done very well, but I don’t see anyone giving up a 1st round pick for him.
    He’s still got a lot to prove and a 1st rounder in this draft is a valuable asset.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Georgiev, Pionk, Late 1st to EDM for Puljujarvi, 1st
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

FINNISH the rebuild.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    What's with this fascination with trading Georgiev in favor of a goaltender who has never had success in the NHL? Shestyorkin indicated there's no issue with him playing in Hartford. Maybe don't get rid of a good goalie just cause?

Also, add on the fact that no team is trading more than a second or third for him. Better goaltenders with more significant resumes barely get firsts.

Too many video games

The obsession with backup goaltenders is worse.

Trading your excess to fill your needs is necessary in any rebuild.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Yea I don't know about top 10, but since they're picking already picking 7th maybe Buffalo would be willing to part with San Jose's first rounder...
    Well, that's my issue. I just don't envision any package headlined by Georgiev that gets you into the top-10. Maybe if the Rangers picked up Tampa and Dallas' picks and threw both plus Georgiev.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

This is less about trusting Shestyorkin to be all that and more about capitalizing on value. How many goalies has Allaire made look good, only to get traded to another team and not perform very well as a starter? Georgiev is far from proven as a starting goalie. He had a nice year, but if some team wanted him to be their starter and was willing to pay the price then ok.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Well, that's my issue. I just don't envision any package headlined by Georgiev that gets you into the top-10. Maybe if the Rangers picked up Tampa and Dallas' picks and threw both plus Georgiev.
    Georgiev, Krieder, Jets pick, and a 2nd maybe.

If they’re dealing up in the draft though , they don’t need to go top-10. If they dealt a package to move into say, 11-16ish, that would work too.

For example, Florida has pick 13. They need a goalie. Maybe you find a partner there.
    Last edited by RangersIn7; 04-10-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Why would a team trade a late first for Georgiev when they can just draft knight with that pick?

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Georgiev, Krieder, Jets pick, and a 2nd maybe.

If they’re dealing up in the draft though , they don’t need to go top-10. If they dealt a package to move into say, 11-16ish, that would work too.

For example, Florida has pick 13. They need a goalie. Maybe you find a partner there.
    The jets pick is Sonewhere between 22-24 right now if no conference final. So we are going to trade that pick, kreider, Georgiev and a 2nd to move up to 13?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Because Georgiev has been in the NHL for 2 years and Knight will be the backup for Boston College next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    The jets pick is Sonewhere between 22-24 right now if no conference final. So we are going to trade that pick, kreider, Georgiev and a 2nd to move up to 13?
    No. That’s too much for 13.

That deal could maybe fetch top 10 though with the right partner.

I’m saying Georgiev and other pieces to Florida could fetch 13 possibly.
    Last edited by RangersIn7; 04-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Why would a team trade a late first for Georgiev when they can just draft knight with that pick?
    But Knight is UNPROVEN!!!

Senior Member Midget Division
    If they trade up I think it will be for edmonton’s 1st. A late 1st (either tampa’s if they win, or jets’) + kreider. Draft kakko and a center with oilers’ pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    If they trade up I think it will be for edmonton’s 1st. A late 1st (either tampa’s if they win, or jets’) + kreider. Draft kakko and a center with oilers’ pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Does a late first and a year of Kreider get it done for Edmonton’s pick at 8?

Also, Krieder has limited no trade. Would he agree to Edmonton?

If I’m Edmonton I’d want more for a top 10 then that.

7th overall and DeAngelo in a so so draft 2 years ago cost them Step and Raanta, with Step on a long-term deal and Raanta coming cheap.
    Last edited by RangersIn7; 04-10-2019 at 06:04 PM.

For the same reason we can't bank on Shestyorkin?

If it’s a team looking for goalie help now, they’d be more likely to trade for one that’s established.

Nothing takes longer to develop than a goalie. It’s generally 3-5 seasons post their draft year. If it’s a highly touted elite guy like Carey Price or Hart, you’re usually still looking at 2-3.

Hank took 5.
    Brodeur took 4.
    Hasek took like 8.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    For the same reason we can't bank on Shestyorkin?
    And if that’s your reasoning why are you trading Georgiev? Another ridiculous argument here. Obviously those who want to trade him don’t believe he’s any good. Yet they want to package him with pionk and presto there is some retarded gm that is going to give you a first for that trash. The premise of the entire conversation is ludicrous. Some team should be convinced by 40 games that he’s the real deal yet those who want to trade him aren’t at all convinced of anything. If you actually think he’s good why the hell would you trade him? Shestyorkin is unproven, you’re right, just like knight, yet the rangers should trade away Georgiev and rely on an unproven goalie. Yet you’re reasoning to why another team would make the deal is so not to rely on an unproven goalie? Do you see the hypocrisy in your points.

Just come out and say it? You don’t think Georgiev is any good yet maybe some idiot will fall for his last two months and trade us a nice piece.

And if that’s your reasoning why are you trading Georgiev? Another ridiculous argument here. Obviously those who want to trade him don’t believe he’s any good. Yet they want to package him with pionk and presto there is some retarded gm that is going to give you a first for that trash. The premise of the entire conversation is ludicrous. Some team should be convinced by 40 games that he’s the real deal yet those who want to trade him aren’t at all convinced of anything. If you actually think he’s good why the hell would you trade him? Shestyorkin is unproven, you’re right, just like knight, yet the rangers should trade away Georgiev and rely on an unproven goalie. Yet you’re reasoning to why another team would make the deal is so not to rely on an unproven goalie? Do you see the hypocrisy in your points.

Just come out and say it? You don’t think Georgiev is any good yet maybe some idiot will fall for his last two months and trade us a nice piece.
    I agree. I’m spitballing. Not advocating trading him. Georgiev thus far looks like a player.
    Not sure where this came from exactly.

With Shestyorkin it isn’t quite the same as with drafting a kid out of Juniors or College that’s 18-21
    He’s 23 and has been playing against grown men in a very good professional league for the last 3+ years.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast