• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

My thought is you wait and he might sign for less, something affordable. Or another prospect emerges by February 2020 to target at the deadline.

I mean, if the top 6 wings are Buch, KK, Kravtsov and Strome, well, wtf anyway. But then you should be targeting 2020 draft picks.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we even know if they really want to extend him and meet his price, which is likely 6 seasons and north of $6.5 million per, starting in 20-21?

Is is smart to give Kreider in the $40 million neighborhood (or perhaps more) and do so for 6 seasons running through the 25-26 season at which time he will be 35?

I think the organization is really on the fence. Not so much about the player but the commitment of term and dollars. I firmly believe that if they were all about it they’d have done so already.

Do we even know if they really want to extend him and meet his price, which is likely 6 seasons and north of $6.5 million per, starting in 20-21?

Is is smart to give Kreider in the $40 million neighborhood (or perhaps more) and do so for 6 seasons running through the 25-26 season at which time he will be 35?

I think the organization is really on the fence. Not so much about the player but the commitment of term and dollars. I firmly believe that if they were all about it they’d have done so already.

Can't until July 1.

I don't know why, but for some reason I just had the strangest suspicion that Kakko will be playing with Lias Andersson next year and Lias will take a big step forward.

Early returns on him have been poor, but patience is what he needs. See where he’s at after another 100-150 games.

I don't know why, but for some reason I just had the strangest suspicion that Kakko will be playing with Lias Andersson next year and Lias will take a big step forward.

I'm into that. I'd love to not throw Kakko onto the top line and expect amazing things next season. Play him down the lineup with limited minutes and let him ease into the NHL if possible.

I'm into that. I'd love to not throw Kakko onto the top line and expect amazing things next season. Play him down the lineup with limited minutes and let him ease into the NHL if possible.

Yup. I think the way Carolina handled Svechnikov this season is a good blueprint.

I was thinking that as well, Lothbrok!

Even Buchnevich I think will be impacted as well. That PP will be pretty good with Kakko out there. That's also the reason I think Shatty is going to have that bounce back year this season.

Our PP wasn't even all that bad last year. I think we were right in the middle of the pack....and I still thought it looked shitty. But 19.4% was I think 17th overall in the NHL.

Point is...I think a lot of players are going to benefit from having a player like Kakko in the lineup. We haven't had this type player since Messier/Leetch. And the way these analysts are talking about Adam Fox, you'd think we were getting Ray Bourque back there!!! Lots to look forward to in October!!!

Even Buchnevich I think will be impacted as well. That PP will be pretty good with Kakko out there. That's also the reason I think Shatty is going to have that bounce back year this season.

Our PP wasn't even all that bad last year. I think we were right in the middle of the pack....and I still thought it looked shitty. But 19.4% was I think 17th overall in the NHL.

Point is...I think a lot of players are going to benefit from having a player like Kakko in the lineup. We haven't had this type player since Messier/Leetch. And the way these analysts are talking about Adam Fox, you'd think we were getting Ray Bourque back there!!! Lots to look forward to in October!!!

I think we should pump the brakes just a little bit on Kakko there bud.

I'm not sure we should be expecting this guy to turn up and be an immediate 1st line/PP1 guy and dominate from the get go. Around the 40 point mark would be an excellent 1st season for him. Like I said above, the way Carolina handled Svechnikov is a good blueprint.

I'm not sure we should be expecting this guy to turn up and be an immediate 1st line/PP1 guy and dominate from the get go. Around the 40 point mark would be an excellent 1st season for him. Like I said above, the way Carolina handled Svechnikov is a good blueprint.

I think Kakko has more potential than Svechnikov, Gravy. I just don't think the Rangers get a lot of players like Kakko, or Hughes. Either one of those guys is going to make everyone around them a better player in my opinion. I think the only thing stopping Kakko from being a success right away on this team is if the Devils go crazy and draft him first! LOL

Hughes I think needs some time in the cooker, not Kakko.

Kakko reminds me a little of Selanne...albeit Teemu came to the NHL at age 22 and was more physically developed. He also put up 132 points, won the Calder trophy! LOL

But yeah man, it's exciting for a guy who sat on a bar stool watching his boys go in the toilet for a shot at a #1 pick all winter. I'm hoping this kid turns out to be baby Jesus, and realistically I keep mentioning patience!!! :rofl:

Yeah I know my man!!! Trust me, I know it all too well! It's also days like today, June 14th that I look back and remember that night in MSG. They were right; It's lasting a lifetime! ;)

Kakko's rookie year will be way closer to Laine than Svechnikov

Kakko's rookie year will be way closer to Laine than Svechnikov

Look, if he goes out there and goes 20+25, he's already the best rookie we've had in a quarter century, no?

If he ends up with a rookie year like Laine, I'll be OFF THE WALL ECSTATIC. 60 points and 35 goals? Cannot by any stretch expect that, but would be a wonderful outcome.

Look, if he goes out there and goes 20+25, he's already the best rookie we've had in a quarter century, no?

If he ends up with a rookie year like Laine, I'll be OFF THE WALL ECSTATIC. 60 points and 35 goals? Cannot by any stretch expect that, but would be a wonderful outcome.

Expect nothing like I do and you?ll be ecstatic one way or another lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Buch was very effective psot trade deadline. Exepct him to do very well with top 6 or even 3rd line minutes. COuld also make him attractive trade bait.

Expect nothing like I do and you’ll be ecstatic one way or another lol

I think my expectation is that Kakko is in the ROTY conversation, whatever that means. He's talented, has the hype, and is being labeled as a franchise-altering talent. I'd think that's the goal

I think my expectation is that Kakko is in the ROTY conversation, whatever that means. He's talented, has the hype, and is being labeled as a franchise-altering talent. I'd think that's the goal

Oh I agree but I?m expecting him to come here and lias Anderson so that when he does/doesn?t I?m not as up in arms about it.

Petr Prucha wanted me to tell you that he resents this post.