• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, that's the 20th overall. If CBJ or Colorado win their series' it'll drop one per win.

Regardless, at 20, Caufield is almost assuredly gone. I'm thinking he's played his way into the top 10.

I'd be good with Seider here. If Suzuki somehow falls, sure.

Dallas one win away from making our pick a 1st. That would give us the #2, #18-20 and #28-31.

If this isnt close to being the perfect rebuild I dont know. Gorton has done a really good job, dont care if he maybe overpaid with a 2nd/3rd round pick here and there, he?s done some amazing trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dallas one win away from making our pick a 1st. That would give us the #2, #18-20 and #28-31.

If this isnt close to being the perfect rebuild I dont know. Gorton has done a really good job, dont care if he maybe overpaid with a 2nd/3rd round pick here and there, he?s done some amazing trades.

Agreed. On a side note I?m also just rooting for Dallas cuz they?re a fun team to watch and also Zuuuuu!

I know some people wanna package that 2nd and 3rd first rounder but this being a deep draft I?d like to see the Rangers just choose someone with those picks. Unless they can move into the top 3-4 picks.

Agreed. On a side note I’m also just rooting for Dallas cuz they’re a fun team to watch and also Zuuuuu!

I know some people wanna package that 2nd and 3rd first rounder but this being a deep draft I’d like to see the Rangers just choose someone with those picks. Unless they can move into the top 3-4 picks.

I'd wonder if, say, 28 and the Tampa 2nd pries a roster player for us.

We should do what it takes to get Caufield or Kaliyev. Two best goal scorers in the draft with incredible shots. That's one thing we're still missing. If we end up with the Dallas first idc if we have to package that and the Winnipeg first to move up and get one of them.

I agree wholeheartedlhy with this. Specifically with the Caufield pick... That kid is going to score a lot of goals for someone, why not make it us?

We should do what it takes to get Caufield or Kaliyev. Two best goal scorers in the draft with incredible shots. That's one thing we're still missing. If we end up with the Dallas first idc if we have to package that and the Winnipeg first to move up and get one of them.
so you are saying to give up a first rounfer to move up how many stops,i could see a second or third but a first ,thats too steep

I would seriously think about taking spencer knight if he’s still on the board with the Winnipeg or possible Dallas pick. I know it wouldn’t be popular. However he supposedly the best goalie prospect in years and rivals price and fleury in their draft years. While I get that the rangers seem to be well stocked at goalie, why not take a guy who further guarantees the most important position will be in good hands for the next decade and beyond. Furthermore having a capable goalie on an elc betters the chances of putting the best team together for a cup run. Also in the years to come one of the goalies can win the job and leave the rangers with a great asset to trade to fill other holes. We all agree that late first round picks are somewhat of a crap shoot. This guy doesn’t seem to be, it’s just that teams are reluctant to spend a first on a goalie. When you have so many picks you have the ability to spend one on a player that won’t bear fruit for years. If he really is as good as everyone says wouldn’t that be a good insurance policy to invest in?

I would seriously think about taking spencer knight if he’s still on the board with the Winnipeg or possible Dallas pick. I know it wouldn’t be popular. However he supposedly the best goalie prospect in years and rivals price and fleury in their draft years. While I get that the rangers seem to be well stocked at goalie, why not take a guy who further guarantees the most important position will be in good hands for the next decade and beyond. Furthermore having a capable goalie on an elc betters the chances of putting the best team together for a cup run. Also in the years to come one of the goalies can win the job and leave the rangers with a great asset to trade to fill other holes. We all agree that late first round picks are somewhat of a crap shoot. This guy doesn’t seem to be, it’s just that teams are reluctant to spend a first on a goalie. When you have so many picks you have the ability to spend one on a player that won’t bear fruit for years. If he really is as good as everyone says wouldn’t that be a good insurance policy to invest in?

They just took a goalie last year in the 2nd round as well as bringing Shesterkin over this upcoming year...and Georgiev. I think taking a goalie in the 1st round would be a complete waste of a pick.

They just took a goalie last year in the 2nd round as well as bringing Shesterkin over this upcoming year...and Georgiev. I think taking a goalie in the 1st round would be a complete waste of a pick.

Yep this. Olof Lindbom looks promising as well. No need to burn a pick on a goalie.

I’m not advocating the need to take a goalie. Just pointing out that late in the first round he maybe far and away the best player available. He is by almost everyone’s account the best goalie to come out in a long time. No offense to lindbom but I’m at least thinking about “burning” a pick to grab such a prospect at undoubtedly the most important position on the team. Hopefully it would be an embarrassment of riches at the goalie position. I’d much rather be trading from strength there than needing one of lindbom and Shestyorkin don’t develop as expected. I’m fine with not taking him too. I just don’t think it should be an afterthought not to be considered.

I?m not advocating the need to take a goalie. Just pointing out that late in the first round he maybe far and away the best player available. He is by almost everyone?s account the best goalie to come out in a long time. No offense to lindbom but I?m at least thinking about ?burning? a pick to grab such a prospect at undoubtedly the most important position on the team. Hopefully it would be an embarrassment of riches at the goalie position. I?d much rather be trading from strength there than needing one of lindbom and Shestyorkin don?t develop as expected. I?m fine with not taking him too. I just don?t think it should be an afterthought not to be considered.

I would seriously think about taking spencer knight if he?s still on the board with the Winnipeg or possible Dallas pick. I know it wouldn?t be popular. However he supposedly the best goalie prospect in years and rivals price and fleury in their draft years. While I get that the rangers seem to be well stocked at goalie, why not take a guy who further guarantees the most important position will be in good hands for the next decade and beyond. Furthermore having a capable goalie on an elc betters the chances of putting the best team together for a cup run. Also in the years to come one of the goalies can win the job and leave the rangers with a great asset to trade to fill other holes. We all agree that late first round picks are somewhat of a crap shoot. This guy doesn?t seem to be, it?s just that teams are reluctant to spend a first on a goalie. When you have so many picks you have the ability to spend one on a player that won?t bear fruit for years. If he really is as good as everyone says wouldn?t that be a good insurance policy to invest in?

tenor.gif?itemid=4754628

The thing about having too many goalies, everybody knows you have to trade one. I wouldn't call that a position of strength.

So much for the ignore button. Anyway the rangers have goalie prospects not proven nhl goalies. This time last year the rangers were deep at center. Now Andersson isn?t looking like a 7th overall, chytil maybe better suited as a wing and howden?s ceiling may only be 3rd line center.

Regardless is just a thought. They should take their best player available. When drafting 18 year olds you shouldn?t be drafting for need. By the time most are ready those needs can change.

So much for the ignore button. Anyway the rangers have goalie prospects not proven nhl goalies. This time last year the rangers were deep at center. Now Andersson isn’t looking like a 7th overall, chytil maybe better suited as a wing and howden’s ceiling may only be 3rd line center.

Regardless is just a thought. They should take their best player available. When drafting 18 year olds you shouldn’t be drafting for need. By the time most are ready those needs can change.

I mean...we've got Hank for a few years more, we have Georgiev, we have Shesterkin, we've got Wall and Huska down beyond them, and there's almost always at least one "kinda sorta starter but not really" in the FA market.

We've got enough goaltending to at least feel good about it through 2023 or so. I'd heavily advocate against Spencer Knight.

I'd also not sleep on Andersson. He played mostly 4th line minutes with mostly 4th line players in a very defensive role at 19. That's actually way more impressive than it sounds. It's also not unusual for those two-way style centers to take a while.

So much for the ignore button. Anyway the rangers have goalie prospects not proven nhl goalies. This time last year the rangers were deep at center. Now Andersson isn?t looking like a 7th overall, chytil maybe better suited as a wing and howden?s ceiling may only be 3rd line center.

Regardless is just a thought. They should take their best player available. When drafting 18 year olds you shouldn?t be drafting for need. By the time most are ready those needs can change.

Yea I mean I can't help that when someone quotes you I can see it. O well.

Regardless there are 4 goalies in the system. Plus Hank. We don't need more.

We need high ceiling offensive potential way more than a goalie.

I mean...we've got Hank for a few years more, we have Georgiev, we have Shesterkin, we've got Wall and Huska down beyond them, and there's almost always at least one "kinda sorta starter but not really" in the FA market.

We've got enough goaltending to at least feel good about it through 2023 or so. I'd heavily advocate against Spencer Knight.

I'd also not sleep on Andersson. He played mostly 4th line minutes with mostly 4th line players in a very defensive role at 19. That's actually way more impressive than it sounds. It's also not unusual for those two-way style centers to take a while.

This is really over indexing on the "bright side". Let's not forget he mostly played more fourth-line minutes because his own play warranted it.