• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Phil

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see how he looks at the U18's playing alongside all the CHL'ers. Ballsy prediction for 2020, he's gonna have a better freshman year at BC than Wahlstrom did...

I'd probably have a better year than Wahlstrom at BC to be fair.

Newhook would be awesome. There should be a few good options in the early 20s.

Pronman did a chat for the Athletic yesterday and was high on Philip Tomasino, listed as C/RW, 17, who had 34/38/72 in 67g in the OHL (Niagra) this year. Based on most of the ratings, he could be available in that range.

What's with this fascination with trading Georgiev in favor of a goaltender who has never had success in the NHL? Shestyorkin indicated there's no issue with him playing in Hartford. Maybe don't get rid of a good goalie just cause?

Also, add on the fact that no team is trading more than a second or third for him. Better goaltenders with more significant resumes barely get firsts.

Yea I don't know about top 10, but since they're picking already picking 7th maybe Buffalo would be willing to part with San Jose's first rounder...

Well, that's my issue. I just don't envision any package headlined by Georgiev that gets you into the top-10. Maybe if the Rangers picked up Tampa and Dallas' picks and threw both plus Georgiev.

This is less about trusting Shestyorkin to be all that and more about capitalizing on value. How many goalies has Allaire made look good, only to get traded to another team and not perform very well as a starter? Georgiev is far from proven as a starting goalie. He had a nice year, but if some team wanted him to be their starter and was willing to pay the price then ok.

Well, that's my issue. I just don't envision any package headlined by Georgiev that gets you into the top-10. Maybe if the Rangers picked up Tampa and Dallas' picks and threw both plus Georgiev.

Georgiev, Krieder, Jets pick, and a 2nd maybe.

If they?re dealing up in the draft though , they don?t need to go top-10. If they dealt a package to move into say, 11-16ish, that would work too.

For example, Florida has pick 13. They need a goalie. Maybe you find a partner there.

Georgiev, Krieder, Jets pick, and a 2nd maybe.

If they’re dealing up in the draft though , they don’t need to go top-10. If they dealt a package to move into say, 11-16ish, that would work too.

For example, Florida has pick 13. They need a goalie. Maybe you find a partner there.

The jets pick is Sonewhere between 22-24 right now if no conference final. So we are going to trade that pick, kreider, Georgiev and a 2nd to move up to 13?

The jets pick is Sonewhere between 22-24 right now if no conference final. So we are going to trade that pick, kreider, Georgiev and a 2nd to move up to 13?

No. That’s too much for 13.

That deal could maybe fetch top 10 though with the right partner.

I’m saying Georgiev and other pieces to Florida could fetch 13 possibly.