• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | WCQF | San Jose Sharks (P2) v. Vegas Golden Knights (P3)

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sharks in 4
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Knights in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7

Reminded me of Game 5 of the '94 finals, where we roared back from 3-0 down in the third only to blow it. In any event, Vegas fans can use a little bitter fruit. It's all come to easily so far.

Final score was 6-3?

Fuck me. I remember that shit.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shark tank was jumping. To be down 3-0 late in the third and score four goals on a five minute major is unbelievable. Incredible resolve from the Knights to score in the last minute with an empty net. When it got to OT, you knew that the losing team would be filled with a tremendous sense of a missed opportunity. Credit to the Sharks for coming back from down 3-1 in the series as well.

What a horrible call that caused all of this. Probably the worst call in memory when you factor in what happened because of it. Just completely embarrassing for those refs, I honestly don't know how'd they'd be able to sleep seeing as they completey altered the outcome of a game 7 and essentially robbed LV.

I call BS on the 'refs decided the game' mantra. Vegas gives up 0, 1, or 2 goals on the major, and they go on to win the game. To collapse and give up 4 goals on a major is terrible penalty killing. Hockey is tough, sob stories are for the Leafs and Lightning and other hockey teams playing golf this time of year.

That call has shades of the Saints v Rams non-call. It's pretty much a standard play off a faceoff, and is never a 5 + 10. You could obviously make the argument that you have to weather that type of storm if you want to win the Stanley Cup, and letting in 4 in 5 minutes under those circumstances is hardly the mark of champions.

But you're not going to argue the Sharks get back in that game without the call with a straight face. I wonder if you get a similar change to the review process as the NFL had in the wake of this.

That said, it was a fucking fantastic hour or so of hockey. Absolute edge of your seat stuff.

Wow...just watched the recap. Holy smokes!!! What a terrible call on Eakins. I can't believe they gave that a major. We saw that this year with the Rangers that they called on penalty on the result vs what actually happened. That's an embarassing moment for the league.

Not sure I follow all of the complaints on the penalty. Perhaps the crosscheck isn't a major in and of itself, but then you have to factor in the other Knight player driving Pavelski into the ice, and of course there's blood and a major injury. I mean no matter how you carve it up, the Knights were either getting a major or some combination of a minor cross check + 4 for roughing with blood. It was a dumb play all around and Vegas deserved exactly what they got for it. By the way, it's one thing to have a tough call go against you in a 1 goal game. It's another to have one and give up 4 goals on 1 major LOL how about learn to kill a penalty?

Also, fuck Vegas.

What an insane comeback by the Sharks. Never seen a comeback of such epic proportions in a Game 7. But pretty impressive just to come back from 3-1 down, that itself doesn't happen too often.

Man I can't believe how shitty Eakin must feel to essentially be the turning point and killing his team's season. Although as impressive as SJS's PP was, yeah agree you shoudn't be giving up 4 fucking PPGs on a single major. Like come on guys, tighten it up.

Equally impressive mental fortitude for VGK to tie it up in the final minute after getting severely rattled like that.

Eakin shouldn't feel too sorry for himself for blowing his team's season and Gallant shouldn't complain so much (albeit Vegas had every right to be annoyed with the refs), because at the end of the day, Vegas blew not one, not two but three chances to eliminate San Jose and failed.