View Poll Results: Where do the Rangers pick?

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • 1st Overall (7.5%)

    1 6.67%
  • 2nd Overall (7.8%)

    4 26.67%
  • 3rd Overall (8.0%)

    3 20.00%
  • 6th Overall (16.3%)

    1 6.67%
  • 7th Overall (38.9%)

    3 20.00%
  • 8th Overall (19.4%)

    1 6.67%
  • 9th Overall (2.1%)

    2 13.33%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 183

Thread: Draft Lottery, 8 PM / Lady Luck, Be By Our Side

  1. #141
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,340
    Rep Power
    302
    See Phil, I knew beating the fucking Leafs was the key.

  2. #142
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,283
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    If Kakko is ready and the Devils take him would you take Hughes? He awfully small next he Kathryn Tappen?
    If Hughes is available, the Rangers should consider themselves lucky.
    GORTON 2020

  3. #143
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,136
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If Hughes is available, the Rangers should consider themselves lucky.
    Exactly. The Rangers are in a win win situation. I think some fans are paranoid thinking the Rangers will suddenly go off the board with a top 2 pick. I mean this is the highest we have picked in 20 years and there are 2 clear talents above the rest so nobody should be nervous

  4. #144
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,970
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Prayer beads, check.
    Mandala chest tattoo, check
    Mojo hand, check
    My kid's guinea pig ready for ritual sacrifice, check
    Smoking sage, check
    Boiling cauldron in back yard, check
    11 Deadhead retreads in driveway drum circle, check.

    I AM READY!

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    You my sir, are now my favorite poster


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #145
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    19
    And there is quite a fringe benefit to this insofar as it may serve to mitigate any reluctance Panarin might have to come here due to our being in the dumps.

  6. #146
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    You my sir, are now my favorite poster


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Thanks. Except now I have to pay those drum circle dudes.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  7. #147
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    19
    Uh oh. I looked at hockeydb.com a few minutes ago, and on their list of players being looked up over the past hour was... Pavel Brendl. Obviously some Rangers fans with dark clouds over their heads who just can't believe our good fortune.

  8. #148
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,312
    Rep Power
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    See Phil, I knew beating the fucking Leafs was the key.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #149
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    67
    Man was it a lot easier waking up for work this morning. Now get the playoffs over with already. I want to see the Rangers win the summer Cup.

  10. #150
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,230
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Was like 10 mins before the televised chunk. Leaked on Twitter.
    Heard around 8 that NJ, NYR and CBH were the final 3. So who ever put that out there knew that much. Doesn't mean anything was fixed, but someone in the process has a big mouth.

  11. #151
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,612
    Rep Power
    70
    Loving that we finally got lucky! Makes me laugh that the Rangers already sent out a season ticket ad about "A Big Step Forward"

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  12. #152
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Heard around 8 that NJ, NYR and CBH were the final 3. So who ever put that out there knew that much. Doesn't mean anything was fixed, but someone in the process has a big mouth.
    It appeared to be a glitch in the tv programming with Viacom.

  13. #153
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,339
    Rep Power
    43
    i'd be surprised if Gorton doesn't move up with the dangle game.... kreid's and some of those low 1st's this year or next to move into the Av's or Oilers slot.

    I'd like that Turcotte kid as from what i read the kid plays with a snarl.
    Acqua in bocca

  14. #154
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,598
    Rep Power
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i'd be surprised if Gorton doesn't move up with the dangle game.... kreid's and some of those low 1st's this year or next to move into the Av's or Oilers slot.

    I'd like that Turcotte kid as from what i read the kid plays with a snarl.
    I think if we manage to snag one of the two conditionals, you might be onto something there.

    Something like Kreider, Jets pick, maybe a small add for #4 if Bowen Byram is there? Byram should be relatively NHL ready, we need a defender.

    That said, it's been pointed out that Kreider speaks Russian, probably wants to stay, might get the C - it's an enticing idea, but not a guarantee.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  15. #155
    Senior Member Mite Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I think if we manage to snag one of the two conditionals, you might be onto something there.

    Something like Kreider, Jets pick, maybe a small add for #4 if Bowen Byram is there? Byram should be relatively NHL ready, we need a defender.

    That said, it's been pointed out that Kreider speaks Russian, probably wants to stay, might get the C - it's an enticing idea, but not a guarantee.
    I don’t think that they could get back up into the top 5. Top 10 is probably a reach too. But moving up into mid-teens is very possible. It’s a deep draft

  16. #156
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,598
    Rep Power
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I don’t think that they could get back up into the top 5. Top 10 is probably a reach too. But moving up into mid-teens is very possible. It’s a deep draft
    Normally, I'd agree, but the Avs are an odd team for a top 5 pick. They're in the playoffs, they're where we want to be next year or the year after, they've got their studs lined up, and they're going to be looking to add middle-six depth.

    They're also sitting on #16.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  17. #157
    Senior Member Mite Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Normally, I'd agree, but the Avs are an odd team for a top 5 pick. They're in the playoffs, they're where we want to be next year or the year after, they've got their studs lined up, and they're going to be looking to add middle-six depth.

    They're also sitting on #16.
    Oh it’s definitely worth inquiring. And the Avs situation makes them at least a little more likely to come off that pick. Still though, it’s fairly rare to see teams trade a premium pick like that, even if they fell into it like Colorado kind of has
    If they’re talking about Krieder being a centerpiece for them, he’d be a wonderful fit in Colorado. Play him with Mackinnon and move Landeskog down or vice versa. He’s perfect for them. But he only has one year left on his deal, so his value isn’t the same as say Stepan’s was 2 years ago in that Stepan had a long-term deal in place. Not comparing them as players, or even the nature of them being dealt. Only saying that Steps contract situation and being locked up long-term definitely helped facilitate them getting the 7th overall pick in return.

    But I’d even be interested in pick 16 like you said.

  18. #158
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,312
    Rep Power
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I think if we manage to snag one of the two conditionals, you might be onto something there.

    Something like Kreider, Jets pick, maybe a small add for #4 if Bowen Byram is there? Byram should be relatively NHL ready, we need a defender.

    That said, it's been pointed out that Kreider speaks Russian, probably wants to stay, might get the C - it's an enticing idea, but not a guarantee.
    I want more of a guarantee for Kreider, to be honest. It's Trouba or bust.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #159
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I want more of a guarantee for Kreider, to be honest. It's Trouba or bust.
    I’d love that trade. Wonder if the Jets would bite.

  20. #160
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,598
    Rep Power
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I want more of a guarantee for Kreider, to be honest. It's Trouba or bust.
    Not to disagree - I'd love Trouba - but I'm really leery of that deal. We're SO CONTRACT HEAVY on the backend that I'd almost not want to trade for Trouba without moving Staal/Shat/Smith
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •