• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Draft Lottery, 8 PM / Lady Luck, Be By Our Side

Where do the Rangers pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Where do the Rangers pick?

• 1st Overall (7.5%)
    • 2nd Overall (7.8%)
    • 3rd Overall (8.0%)
    • 6th Overall (16.3%)
    • 7th Overall (38.9%)
    • 8th Overall (19.4%)
    • 9th Overall (2.1%)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be surprised if Gorton doesn't move up with the dangle game.... kreid's and some of those low 1st's this year or next to move into the Av's or Oilers slot.

I'd like that Turcotte kid as from what i read the kid plays with a snarl.

I think if we manage to snag one of the two conditionals, you might be onto something there.

Something like Kreider, Jets pick, maybe a small add for #4 if Bowen Byram is there? Byram should be relatively NHL ready, we need a defender.

That said, it's been pointed out that Kreider speaks Russian, probably wants to stay, might get the C - it's an enticing idea, but not a guarantee.

I think if we manage to snag one of the two conditionals, you might be onto something there.

Something like Kreider, Jets pick, maybe a small add for #4 if Bowen Byram is there? Byram should be relatively NHL ready, we need a defender.

That said, it's been pointed out that Kreider speaks Russian, probably wants to stay, might get the C - it's an enticing idea, but not a guarantee.

I don’t think that they could get back up into the top 5. Top 10 is probably a reach too. But moving up into mid-teens is very possible. It’s a deep draft

I don’t think that they could get back up into the top 5. Top 10 is probably a reach too. But moving up into mid-teens is very possible. It’s a deep draft

Normally, I'd agree, but the Avs are an odd team for a top 5 pick. They're in the playoffs, they're where we want to be next year or the year after, they've got their studs lined up, and they're going to be looking to add middle-six depth.

They're also sitting on #16.

Normally, I'd agree, but the Avs are an odd team for a top 5 pick. They're in the playoffs, they're where we want to be next year or the year after, they've got their studs lined up, and they're going to be looking to add middle-six depth.

They're also sitting on #16.

Oh it’s definitely worth inquiring. And the Avs situation makes them at least a little more likely to come off that pick. Still though, it’s fairly rare to see teams trade a premium pick like that, even if they fell into it like Colorado kind of has

If they’re talking about Krieder being a centerpiece for them, he’d be a wonderful fit in Colorado. Play him with Mackinnon and move Landeskog down or vice versa. He’s perfect for them. But he only has one year left on his deal, so his value isn’t the same as say Stepan’s was 2 years ago in that Stepan had a long-term deal in place. Not comparing them as players, or even the nature of them being dealt. Only saying that Steps contract situation and being locked up long-term definitely helped facilitate them getting the 7th overall pick in return.

But I’d even be interested in pick 16 like you said.

I want more of a guarantee for Kreider, to be honest. It's Trouba or bust.

I want more of a guarantee for Kreider, to be honest. It's Trouba or bust.

Not to disagree - I'd love Trouba - but I'm really leery of that deal. We're SO CONTRACT HEAVY on the backend that I'd almost not want to trade for Trouba without moving Staal/Shat/Smith

Not to disagree - I'd love Trouba - but I'm really leery of that deal. We're SO CONTRACT HEAVY on the backend that I'd almost not want to trade for Trouba without moving Staal/Shat/Smith

They’re going to have to ride it out on them through next season. Get through this season. Maybe you get a team to take 1 of them in a trade next summer when entering final year of deal. Maybe buyout one on the last year of their deal next summer. And just ride it out through 20-21 season on the 3rd. I can live with that

Yes but if he doesn’t agree to a long term deal, he’d be a ufa next year correct? I know he won’t sign long term in Winnipeg from what I’ve read. I guess his wife is a doctor but cannot practice in Canada. Which is why he has asked to be traded in the past. Does anybody know if that is right?

I am still a bit in disbelief. I don't think it has sunk in yet. Other than dropping 2-3 spots, the most Ranger thing to happen would have been to get top 3 only to get 3 and miss Hughes and Kakko. So close, yet so far. Except it didn't happen. Waiting the next 2-3 months until draft and July 1 is going to be a bitch.

The team next season will be insane fun to watch. Zib, chytil, kravtsov, kakko/hughes, buch, kreids, Lemieux, howden, (lias)(panarin). So much potential and talent at forward. Just need to wait 1-2 years for our young D?s and we are good to go for the cup again.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk