• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jimmy Vesey on the Block?

Phil

Unless I'm confused, but I don't think there is a lot of "I'm a fan of Strome". At least from my personal perspective, I think he is the most useful and effective of the trash heap.

I'd still like to unload all of Vesey, Strome, Namestnikov, Fast

Me owning a Fast jersey aside, I don't think we need to unload him. He's a solid 4th liner who can PK and has shown an ability to step up in the playoffs. Obviously guys of his ilk are never usually long term players but I don't see the harm in keeping him around and I don't see us getting a ton for him in a trade that would make it worth our while.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don?t get the hate for Strome. First off you guys know that the only righty forwards on this team are Zibenajad, Fast and Strome. So I don?t have to tell you how stupid it would be to have only 1 righty forward on the team, let alone 1 righty center when we have draws in different positions on the ice?we wouldn?t want to handy cap ourselves on a defensive draw. Strome gives us that 2nd righty. I don?t understand the whole production thing either?how is it that some of you see a ?production spike?, ? short term production? from him. Strome?s career pts./gm avg. is .46. If you take out his 100 gms in Edmonton?of which he was centering Lucic( who?s done nothing) his pts./gm avg. is .49. He averaged .52 for us in 63 gms. Obvious there?s not of a difference from .49 and .52?which is what 2 or 3 more pts per season. Not to mention that Strome plays with some grit.

Vesey on the other hand hasn?t shown much of anything. he?s a -37 for his career and avg. .38 pts/gm. for his career. So I do agree he has to go.

If multi players have to go, I would say Vesey should be the 1st to go, Nieves 2nd( we have Howden & Andersson who can be our 4th line center) Fast 3rd( he?s 27 and has missed games due to injury the last 3 yrs to the tune of 16, 11 & 14. I would like to keep him tho? but if we have to make moves then I understand people have to be moved so....) Namestnikov 4th and Strome 5th?if it gets the far.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don’t get the hate for Strome. First off you guys know that the only righty forwards on this team are Zibenajad, Fast and Strome. So I don’t have to tell you how stupid it would be to have only 1 righty forward on the team, let alone 1 righty center when we have draws in different positions on the ice—we wouldn’t want to handy cap ourselves on a defensive draw. Strome gives us that 2nd righty. I don’t understand the whole production thing either—how is it that some of you see a “production spike”, “ short term production” from him. Strome’s career pts./gm avg. is .46. If you take out his 100 gms in Edmonton—of which he was centering Lucic( who’s done nothing) his pts./gm avg. is .49. He averaged .52 for us in 63 gms. Obvious there’s not of a difference from .49 and .52–which is what 2 or 3 more pts per season. Not to mention that Strome plays with some grit.

Vesey on the other hand hasn’t shown much of anything. he’s a -37 for his career and avg. .38 pts/gm. for his career. So I do agree he has to go.

If multi players have to go, I would say Vesey should be the 1st to go, Nieves 2nd( we have Howden & Andersson who can be our 4th line center) Fast 3rd( he’s 27 and has missed games due to injury the last 3 yrs to the tune of 16, 11 & 14. I would like to keep him tho’ but if we have to make moves then I understand people have to be moved so....) Namestnikov 4th and Strome 5th—if it gets the far.

It's easy. It's not hate. It's hesitation, or criticism at the absolute worst. By suggesting that anyone critical of his performance is "hating" on him, you establish a false narrative from the onset.

I don?t get the hate for Strome. First off you guys know that the only righty forwards on this team are Zibenajad, Fast and Strome. So I don?t have to tell you how stupid it would be to have only 1 righty forward on the team, let alone 1 righty center when we have draws in different positions on the ice?we wouldn?t want to handy cap ourselves on a defensive draw. Strome gives us that 2nd righty. I don?t understand the whole production thing either?how is it that some of you see a ?production spike?, ? short term production? from him. Strome?s career pts./gm avg. is .46. If you take out his 100 gms in Edmonton?of which he was centering Lucic( who?s done nothing) his pts./gm avg. is .49. He averaged .52 for us in 63 gms. Obvious there?s not of a difference from .49 and .52?which is what 2 or 3 more pts per season. Not to mention that Strome plays with some grit.

Vesey on the other hand hasn?t shown much of anything. he?s a -37 for his career and avg. .38 pts/gm. for his career. So I do agree he has to go.

If multi players have to go, I would say Vesey should be the 1st to go, Nieves 2nd( we have Howden & Andersson who can be our 4th line center) Fast 3rd( he?s 27 and has missed games due to injury the last 3 yrs to the tune of 16, 11 & 14. I would like to keep him tho? but if we have to make moves then I understand people have to be moved so....) Namestnikov 4th and Strome 5th?if it gets the far.

Pretty much this.

I don’t get the hate for Strome. First off you guys know that the only righty forwards on this team are Zibenajad, Fast and Strome. So I don’t have to tell you how stupid it would be to have only 1 righty forward on the team, let alone 1 righty center when we have draws in different positions on the ice—we wouldn’t want to handy cap ourselves on a defensive draw. Strome gives us that 2nd righty. I don’t understand the whole production thing either—how is it that some of you see a “production spike”, “ short term production” from him. Strome’s career pts./gm avg. is .46. If you take out his 100 gms in Edmonton—of which he was centering Lucic( who’s done nothing) his pts./gm avg. is .49. He averaged .52 for us in 63 gms. Obvious there’s not of a difference from .49 and .52–which is what 2 or 3 more pts per season. Not to mention that Strome plays with some grit.

Vesey on the other hand hasn’t shown much of anything. he’s a -37 for his career and avg. .38 pts/gm. for his career. So I do agree he has to go.

If multi players have to go, I would say Vesey should be the 1st to go, Nieves 2nd( we have Howden & Andersson who can be our 4th line center) Fast 3rd( he’s 27 and has missed games due to injury the last 3 yrs to the tune of 16, 11 & 14. I would like to keep him tho’ but if we have to make moves then I understand people have to be moved so....) Namestnikov 4th and Strome 5th—if it gets the far.

You're making up a lot about what people think of Strome, and reallllllly stretching the idea that he centered Lucic as having an impact. I could say the same thing about Vesey playing with Fast, Glass, etc.

His goal scoring is a production spike, driven by an unsustainable shooting percentage, because he generates fewer shots per game this year than any other. At his career SH%, 10%, he has 8 goals. It's not what people see, it's exactly what has happened.

Strome playing with grit is off, his entire game is finding space. Not sure how 53 hits in 63 games Strome - less than 1 per game on a team that stresses physical play - is somehow more gritty than 79 hits in 81 games Vesey.

DGAF if he's a righty.

• Like 1